Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sick with the flu, should I smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by glasscollector, Feb 24, 2009.

1. #1 glasscollector, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
    Just getting over the stomach flu and my stomach is still a little quezzy and I cant sleep. I have been pondering if I should smoke a little to help me get some sleep but I have never smoked while sick. Any thoughts, experiences?

2. it certainly wouldn't kill you.

3. I always like to smoke just a little when I'm sick. Just enough to get a little buzz to take the edge of the cold off.

4. I read somewhere that the cannabanoids or THC in weed help fight colds, or something like that. I'm skeptical of that, but who knows?

5. Not true.

6. In my experiance it'd help settle your stomach. That's why cancer patients who are vomiting from their meds toke up.

7. I actually had the flu last week. Personally, I kept smoking throughout the whole time. It definitely helped with the nausea and headaches. But it killed my throat and made my cough a lot worse. Lots of phlegm and stuff, kind of awful. But yeah, definitely worth smoking for the nausea at least, and definitely the headaches. Makes the worst ones just melt away. If you have any alternate means of consuming the cannabis other than smoking, I would, like vaping or edibles so you can still get high without hurting a soar throat.

8. It's an anti-nauseal, so it will help with that. But it's important to note that if you have a respiratory problem like an upper respiratory infection then you shouldn't smoke.

9. Lol I appreciate your bluntness

10. I say yes. My friend and I were sick for about a week and we smoked erryday because of it. Haha. When we smoked we didn't feel sick or anything. I loved it.

11. #11 Schizo-Manic, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
    If you don't mind sacrificing taste, you will still achieve the same effects only the taste of the herb will be negated..

12. Whenever I have the flu I smoke, and it most of the times i'm okay the next day! =) But hey! I smoke everyday :D

13. I had the flu a month ago, just got over it. You can smoke but the sickness will last twice as long. I mean I'm still congested like crazy. So I wouldn't recommend it.

14. Well l took a few tokes got me all chill and I slept like a baby, worked great.

15. i always smoke when i'm sick, it makes my sinuses more stuffed up, but i'm high, so i dont really give a fuck

16. My experience is that smoking while you're ill temporarily relieves many of the symptoms but makes your chest and coughing a lot worse. My advise would be to clear steer of the smoke for a week or so.