Sick with a cold, should I smoke?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TickTockCroc, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Hey guys, what's up!

So, about a week ago, I was out of weed and was looking around for any, in true fiending crack-head fashion. I ended up taking the keys off my keyboard and finding a shit ton of weed underneath it all.. except it was covered in carpet hairs and dust. I still scraped it up, and both my friend & I agreed to smoke it, while we tried to pick out what we could with a tweezer (oh man when I write this story I just feel like what the fuck was I thinking)...

We got a little high. But was it worth it? Fuck no. We're both sick as fuck now. My friend got sick first but as he's fully recovering, I got the illness 2 days ago.

So I've been sitting here with a blocked / runny nose, and a bit of a cough, a bit of a tight chest, but that's it. I feel like its getting better. It's better than yesterday for sure. The main issue is my nasal congestion. I've laid off smoking for a day and a half now, but I really can't sleep! When I sleep, my body recovers.

I KNOW if I smoke, it could irritate the fuck out of my lungs even more, and Google is telling me to just let my lungs heal... but I feel I recover way more while I'm asleep...

Does anyone have any experience smoking bongs with a nose cold / bit of a cough? Am I really throwing myself in for bronchitis if I take a bong hit before bed?

2. Just don't do it. Smoke is going to make it worse and you'll regret it.

Vaporise or make edibles.

3. I have a volcano but man, I don't feel that same "knockout" high I get from bong smoking - It gets me a little high but not to the point where I'm so ready to sleep, even through a cold.

I should probably vape on a higher temperature... even though I've been keeping it real low, it's still not combusting at a higher temp, so it still has to be better than smoke... I WISH i could make some quick edibles! My tolerance is so high I need at least 5g of erb to feel medicated from an edible.. Firecrackers wont do!

4. I'd do it only because when I'm high I wont think about my cold as much haha

5. I always smoke when im ill. It makes me feel better and i believe some alkalytes in the marijuana act as antibiotics.

Edibles never worked for me so i have no choice but to smoke or visit the ol' doc.

PS. I've been smoking hairy weed, and resin all week. Im fine, but next time try to pick all the hairs and shit out of it...i hate smoking hair im OCD about it

6. After how sick it got me, I'd rather wait next time instead of scraping up infected weed lol! That being said tho, the weed under the keyboard was there for almost 2 years, untouched, literally.

Im about to vape! I'll let you guys know how it goes

7. I have read about drinking a cup lemongrass tea with 1-2 tablespoon of canna butter. It really sedates your and gives you relief from cold symptoms. Plus, the Myrcene content in Lemongrass makes you get higher.

8. Smoke it. :)

9. [quote name='"Joca"']I'd do it only because when I'm high I wont think about my cold as much haha[/quote]

Words of wisdom. This op^^^^

10. i alwasy smoke alot when im sick, i feel better

11. Welp, I vaped, and have to advise against it... It made me feel kind of more shitty, even though I felt more tired, my sinuses seemed irritated even though I tried not to exhale any vapor through my nose. My head felt stuffy and congested again, and felt like I was better off before I vaped.

Took a hot shower, thats really relaxing. I had some apple cider vinegar mixed with water. Im downing vitamins. Drinking loads of fluid. Trying everything to heal naturally. I think smoking or vaping anything again is out of the question until I'm better... I want this to heal fast, so I can get back to that sweet high of MARIJUANA! Either way, its kind of a mini tolerance break.

Sleeping is just the worst, but this hot shower is helping me to feel real relaxed. Thanks for the advice blades.

12. my honest opinion? smoke. for me it dries out the snot and shit in my throat a little. makes it easier to swallow or spit out. then exhale through your nose if possible. dries that shit out and you blow it out! plus you feel good. knocks you out. i agree that sleep helps when you are sick.

13. if you don't want to because it hurts your throat or lungs.. edibles! ha. that will still knock you outt

14. Yeah sounds like your just a bit ill so I'd actually reccommend smoking obviously in the most healthiest way possible like vape or bong. But yeah I find smoking when I'm just a little ill not completely fucked helps enormous amounts and effectively gets rid of my illness.
    If I have a sore throat I just take a few throat lozenges before and after smoking. :smoke:

Edit: I decided to read the other posts after posting... lol Sorry it didn't work out for you I find smoking while ill a bit of a hit and miss sometimes it works wonders and sometimes it makes you worse.

15. Alright guys,

So last night I was vaping, and tried to sleep. I seriously couldn't sleep for shit. My nose was blocked on one side, I kept coughing up mucus, blowing my nose, tossing and turning, my mind was fully awake but my body was exhausted.

It got to the point where I was seriously just like "i cant fucking do this anymore" and grabbed the bong. I loaded myself up a small bowl. I used the hemp wick, and cornered the bowl, and hit it 3 times, small hits. I did this in the bathroom with the shower running, so the steam could help soothe my lungs.

Guys.... it fucking helped a TEN FOLD. I couldn't believe it. I felt so relaxed. My lungs felt a tiny bit irritated, I did have to cough up a tiny bit of tar from the weed. But, it was like someone put their hands over me and said "you can forget about everything and sleep now :)"

I loaded another bowl, and went to my bed. I laid down. Oh my God. I was lying there just thinking of the most random shit, but it was so nice, because i was having fun with my thoughts, not lying there thinking "oh man im so sick i just want to sleep". I dunno, I was thinking crazy ideas and laughing to myself.

Then, I slept. Like a fucking baby.

Weed is a God-send. Seriously. Sleep is where your body recovers most. I feel a lottttttt better than yesterday, just because I got some sleep. My lungs feel a tiny bit tighter this mornin, but man it was so worth it if I got all that sleep and my nasal congestion is clearin up.

Lol, bong hits for life!

16. #16 Stoniecat, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
    See, that's exactly what happened to me this week. I was sick as hell, chest wheezing, nose stuffed, goo in my lungs. I took a hit out of my bong, and it killed my throat. But my nephews friend loaned his double perc bubbler, and I was able to smoke out of that. Once I was able to get high everything cleared up. And I was able to sleep it off for the most part. A few days later, all I have is wheezing. Which clears up when I smoke. :D

17. No, I actually just started a T-break cause I've seem to concoct a nasty cough and it's really fuckin annoying lol

18. Never hesitate to smoke some herb when your ill. :D

19. Im starting to feel better, although I'm coughing up tar like never before. I don't smoke cigarettes, only weed, and have been doing so daily (95% of the time daily) for 4 years now.

Fuck. 4 years of heavy duty smoking. I'm 22.

Which made me think... What the hell am I doing to my health? I've been reading a ton of stuff.. Smoke can cause permanent lung damage, and destroys the cilia in your lungs (the small hairs that move mucus out). In most cases, the cilia are not able to regenerate. This means you will be prone to lung disease and illnesses later in life, and will have a harder time breathing.

Man fuck this. Of course, it's my own fault, everything in moderation, but man it scares me. Smoking weed shouldn't be a daily thing, especially with concentrated amounts of heat from bong hits. I'm going to start spacing my smoke sessions out instead of daily

20. I always smoke when ill...It'll make my cold from severe to mild in 2 days so i ain't annoyed of that dreaded stuffed nose.