SICK/RECOVERING PLANTS! [Need Help]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Fodolo, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Ok so as you can see from the photos below there is obviously a potatassium and a nitrogen deficiency going on here within these two White widow seedlings. I just gave them half of the recommended dose of 1tsp general hydroponic trio nutrients to 1.5 gallons of water. (1/2 tsp)

I watered them with these nutrients almost 3 days ago and I'm waiting for the 1st top inch of soil to dry before watering again. Growth has been slow and plants don't look too happy.

GROWING ENVIRONMENT

Temperature - 75 degrees

Humidity - 50% average

Light - 600 WATT LED about 20 inches away from plants

Soil - Fox farm ocean forest.

Water - I use white vinegar to lower ph before watering. It's usually 6.5

-------Here are my questions -------

1. Will they recover If so how long? It's been about 1 week since the deficiencies.

2. Should I feed nutrients on the next watering or just regular ph water.

3. The new growth looks a lighter green and yellow tips. Is that nutrient burn or what?

4. I ordered some superthrive, will this help.

Yea I'm a very ametuer grower... I could use all the help I can get. Thanks guys!!

Attached Files:

2. Try foliar spraying with Epsom salts, looks like a possible mag def. I'm what's your soil pH and your watering pH also?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

3. My water usually ph's at 6.4 when I water and comes around around 6.8. Can you do foliar watering with bright LED lights? Do they leave burn marks?

4. If you are running 24 hour lighting, spray the underside of leafs and stems or before you turn them off.

5. Ok cool I'm running 24hrs to speed up the growth. Can I just use any ordinary plain epsom salt from the store? Should I do 2 tsp to a gallon of water?

6. I would 1tsp per gallon. You can feed it directly when watering but just don't do it often.

7. Yes just regular Epsom salts, just make sure it is pure Walmart should carry it, will indicate plants on packaging in pharmaceutical area.

8. Ok thanks for the help. But the main question I had was will they recover and how long until I start seeing fast growth again

9. That I can't tell you, if I were you I would also remove the most damaged leaves. Also make sure are not overwatering.

10. Yup.. trim in half pale green bottom and cut off all the dead leaves.. flush with pure water at 6.5-6.6ph with cal-mag and seaweed extract and let her show recovery before resuming ur nutrient feed at half dose. That's definitely a high level Calcium and Magnesium deficiency .. perhaps even potassium also.. a lockout of some sort has developed. This can happen from over fertilisation or very acidic PH level.. u must check ur ph meter is accurate. Easiest way is to buy bottle supermarket water with PH reading on label and compare ur readings to it; Evian is 7.2ph.. cut ur nutrients to half dose after u give her a flush feed, half strength nutrients on the next feed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. I personally use this. Super cheap and accurate to control pH.[​IMG]