Sick Rabbit - Need Help!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by SmokeEater, Oct 23, 2012.

1. So i was out smoking a jay and noticed my rabbit was having a lot of trouble standing and walking. Brought him inside and held him for about 4 hours...he will never let you hold him more than 5 minutes normally.
    Anyway, he tried moving around a bunch but his legs would randomly give out(as if he was losing control or didn't have enough energy to stand). His heart and breathing were very fast and he seemed recepetive.
    back in the cage, he started with wet stools and drinking...slowly. he would then find a place to "lie" down for 5-10 minutes then get up and try or succesfully urinate.
    ive read a bit on yahoo answers it seems to fit a few different things including diahrea and E. Cuniculi

Anyone know about rabbits? any help is much appreciated!

2. Sounds like kidney failure.. Excessive urination is a major symptom, regardless of species.

He also may be suffering anemia, you said he was outside, so he was definitely exposed to fleas.

Regardless of the case, go to the damn vet.. <=\

3. sorry to hear that mate i also have a sick rabbit injured from a fight, infection got to him in less than 8hours