Sick plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Munfy, Aug 17, 2013.

1. So for the most part my plants look really healthy, but a few of them have spots on random leaves, and my trainwreck there are a lot of leaves thst have brown spots.

Attached Files:

2. Multiple nutrient lock-out... yield will suffer without correction.

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. #3 Munfy, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    [quote name="mmman" post="18528846" timestamp="1376741640"]Multiple nutrient lock-out... yield will suffer without correction.We need all the info on your grow including:What type of medium; soil or hydro? SOILWhat brand and type of soil? OCEAN FORREST AND PRO MIXIndoors or outdoors? INDOORWhat strain? HUMBOLT TRAINWRECK, OG KUCH AND BLUE DREAMHow old are the plants? 3 WEEKS INTO FLOWER, ABIUT 90 DAYS OLDWhat type of lights and how many watts? 2 1000 W HPSHow far from the lights? 10-20 IN DEPENDING IN PLANTWhat is your watering frequency and source of water? I HAVE A WATER PURIFIERWhat, how much and when was it fed? I FEED IT TWICE A WEEK WITH FOX FSRM, I FOLLOW THERE FEED SCHEDULE. What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?What are the temps and humidity in the room? TEMP IS USUSLLY 70-75 DEGREES, WITH 20% HUMIDTYWhat size pots? 5 GALLAny bugs? Look real close. NO BUGS THST IVE FOUND, HAVE LOOK INSIDE SOIL TOOAny other pertinent info?If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.[/quote]Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Trainwreck looks like it's got some pets visiting.

5. look up natural anti pesticides. i used a habanero/water spray i made.

cut up about 4 or 5 habaneros, boil in water for 20 mins or until steam makes eyes/nose tingle
    put into a spray bottle and soak your plants in it.. try to do so at night/when lights are off so you don't get any burn holes from the liquid magnifying light. get every bit of it, corners, undersides of leaves especially. 
    All natural, if anything your plant likes it!

6. I dont think its bugs, all my plants are in the same area and only my trainwreck looks like this. My blue dream and og kush look super healthy, there are a few leaves that have died off but other than that the full plant is all grean. Ill takes pics and post now, they are in dark so good time for pics.

7. #8 TheAnswer121, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    if they are sleeping don't fuck with them. the flash from ur camera is enough to disturb them.

edit:never checked runoff ph? odds are that is causing nute lockout. find a way to check it then get it back to around 6.5

8. The light literally just shut off so it should be fine. Wasnt waking them or anything. Lights shut off at 8:30 its 8:34

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. ill have to check ph run off, but ph out of my water filter is 6.8

10. thats multiple nutrient lockout. whether its caused by pH or excess nutrients blocking others is what you need to find out.

every strain is different. my c99s react very differently to my WW or AK to nutes and pH.
    If i give the same exact feed to all of em, she'll get angry!

11. pretty sure it was my ph, they are starting to look better, all the new growth stuff looks really healthy. I just didnt have ph right.

12. #14 Vee, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
    What, how much and when was it fed? I FEED IT TWICE A WEEK WITH FOX FSRM, I FOLLOW THERE FEED SCHEDULE.

.....and that's where you have gone wrong, I've got 20% of my grow room on Hum. Trainwreck this year, and have found she don't like to be forced feed...reduce feed(nutes) by 50% for 2 months.

Sales Pitch:

...Trainwreck is a sativa-dominant strain with very strong effect, and it is said to be so strong that the jaw drops leaving the smoker shit faced. Definitely not for beginners

you have be warned...?

13. #16 Munfy, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    Everything seems to be back on track, all new growth is green. Definitely was the ph, I also reduced the trainwreck to 1 cup instead of 2 cups of food and she seems to be way happier, they all look amazing now. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Cool.