Sick plants? Please help!! (yellow leaf septoria??)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by beginergrow, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Looks like the soil is to basic. I am curious to see what other people chime in with. It wouldn't hurt to mix up a gallon of ph'd water with calmag.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Post some. today pics under normal lighting GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

3. I see them now ...sorry. those brown spots are calcium that ph probe is never reliable and the ph to your roots are too high locking out the calcium ..Flush with 1/4 5.5 ph. until it a new ph pen reads 6.5 then maintian it there .throw that soil probe thing out. GFP

• Like Like x 1
  4. check this .[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. The soil consists of peat moss potting soil with perlite, some garden compost soil, chiken manure, fish meal, dolomite lime, worm castings and something else, I don't remember.

6. I was trying to find pH pen but couldn't find it anywhere so I guess I will get it on ebay. I use regular tap water, and don't know the pH of it. Thanks for help ;)

7. Thanks but if my soil pH tester is not precise, how can I tell the pH of the roots in soil?

8. TrueeGFP

9. Buy a ph pen though and feed it the right water though.GFP

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ok thanks, I will get one soon.

11. You mean 1/4 of a gallon with 5.5 ph water and 3/4 of a gallon with 6.5ph? And after I flush them, then I should water them all the time with 6.5ph water?

12. no ...1/4 strength nutrient solution...but a gallon or.more of it...until you get to 3 times the size of the container..íf it's really bad. then make sure the runoff ph is 6.5 ..and leave it alone...GFP

• Like Like x 1
  13. ok thanks, I will add calcium nutrients to my water. They are in the ground so I can't check the runoff water ph.

• Like Like x 1
  14. if theres one thing I would DEFINITIELY not do is flush your plants after all this bad weather. prertty sure that plant has flushed itself already. when I did that after a raining period I lost about a week of growth and everything stayed yellow for a while. i wouldnt do that. def not with 3x the amount. as for the ants man i literally just took care of that problem with my grow too. i had to use chemicals and sprayed a perimeter around my fence without letting any spray land on leaves. i was using organic methods like cinnamon but that was way too expensive to keep on doing and didnt really work. I also have mulch laid around my plants which makes it easier to control micro environment. as for the slugs, make some kind of moat perimeter for your plants and cover it with salt

15. i bet your ph is fine. that clearly looks like too much water and low light levels. the sun provides the energy.. without sun the nutrients dont do anything

16. i dont think your soil is too basic either. i gave away my experimental plant to a friend that was potted in the cheapest soil possible (Earthgrow basic soil $2) which only has wood chips, sand, and little perlite and its doing better than other plants that Ive seen fed with bottled nutes. no signs of deficiency and it gets insane amounts of 105-120 degree(not an exaggeration) light all day. I did that to see the difference between fancy and cheaper soils to possibly save some money in the future. my buddy that is taking care of plant right now literally just feeds it mexican tap water (mexicali, mexico) and NEVER ph anything. its so wierd cuz im over here taking forever to water my 50gal pots PHing everything, carefully double checking and now I'm starting to think that its all pointless. Now obvioulsy this cant apply to everyone since we all have different tap water but just thought that was sorta strange. maybe we just have supercharged water... doubt it honestly.

Attached Files:

17. oh and one more thing. you cant water a plant in the ground like you would if it were in a pot. its gonna drink at a slower rate and will be more prone to rot and disease if you fuck up. buy a cheap moisture meter just to give you an idea of what the plant likes to drink so that you can plot a mental trend line of the plant's drinking rate. oh and if you have clay underneath the plant then I would definitely not flush with 3x cuz thatll sit stagnant for a while

18. eventually the roots will feed off the earth water that usually collects over winter and spring. just focus on watering the top feeder roots. thats what I do. every now and then Ill give it a bit more water to soak the base but mostly focus on top. and with all plants, less is better than more.

19. I agree with a couple things people said, and also disagree with a few things. Plants growing in ground are hard to over water. Take the simplest approach first, don't freak out. I don't think there's a need for a flush here especially if you're growing in an organic super soil variation, in ground. There's some bug damage for sure with the holes in your leaves. To fix the other issues try just top dressing with some dolomitic lime and worm castings and wait it out a bit. If it gets worse then start worrying about pH and nutrients and blah blah blah. It's not too bad yet. Those bottom leaves probably won't recover but keep checking new growth and I'll bet it will straighten itself out. If it doesn't look overfed top dress with a little dry organic fertilizer like Dr earth or something like it. Take that one guys advice and don't try too much at first with all these pH corrections. Going organic you shouldn't have to pH anything. I gave my pH pen away years ago. Collect some rain water and use it when it's dry. That's about all you need.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ok the dolomite looks to have raised the ph too much.