Sick Plants, PH problems? please help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by cram5671, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hey guys... I have been doing a crazy amount of reading on the internet and I have come to the conclusion I just need to ask around, So here it is...

I have two month old girls who were doing absolutely beautiful up until a week ago. They are in containers and up until about ten days ago i never had to water because we had a good amount of rain so it was on cruise control for me. Now, I started adding water from a source near by and things are going bad, well thats easy its the water right? ok so I checked the PH and its 7.3/7.4 before i add my nutrient solution and 6.3 after I add my nutes, now thats not exactly optimal but its damn close, the problem is my run off is about 5.2... How can it drop that much? and what should I do about it? I'm scared of adding some ph until I get some feedback from everyone else... Please guys I really need some help and appreciate it.

Also the water is reading pretty hard, 250 ppm... but i cant do anything about that... were talking a deep haul here which is made by foot

I'm using miricle grow for the medium ( i know i know),i always use FF ocean forest but heres the thing, i experimented last summer with the soil and the same nutes (FF) and the freaking thing was beautiful, all around, and after curing it was a nice smoke as well... the only thing that is different is the water source, last year it was tap( because it was close by), this year a stream reading the 7.3 ph and 250 ppm.. Also the strain being used is the same as last year. PLEASE HELP I NEED SOME LOVE HERE!

2. OH! one more thing, the yellowing is definitely MOSTLY on the bottom (old growth) but working its way up to the mid-way, tops are nice, and its the largest fan leaves in the middle that are yellowing. I figure the more info the better right? please guys.. I love them dont let me lose them.

3. man no one wants to help =(

4. None of the PH levels you mentioned are too high or to low to cause that much of a problem. I'm guessing it's not the water or the PH. Unless the new water you are using has a lot of chlorine in it. I use RO water so I'm not an expert at harm from hardness, but the hardness were i live is 750, you can smell the chlorine and yet it does'nt kill any plants in my yard.

Are the leafs taco'ed from too much nute's. It would help to have pictures, but i doubt your problem has anything to do with ph.

As far as the ph being lower in the drained water, that is from nute, and salt build up.

Plants absolutely need do be flushed with pure water ever few weeks or you could have nute burn from build up. 5.2 ph is not that low though.

5. Jackson, thanks for responding, Two days ago I ph balanced my water to 6.5 and i didnt do a proper flush but i ran a good amount of water through them until they had a substantial amount of run off (way more than usual), the water i used had only roughly one third of my normal nutrient level, I checked it out yesterday and it seems to have helped a lot!... I'm going to keep an eye out for the next couple days but I think it was the PH level mixed with the amount of nutes that was doing it, miracle grow already has a substantial amount in it and i was adding FF, now usually this strain loves nutes, more than any other i have experienced, but its my belief the low ph was keeping the uptake of nutes at a minimum, especially nitrogen, which was causing a serious build up and making things even worse. So long story short, I guess i'll find out in a couple days for sure but things seemed to have at the very least, stopped getting worse. If they dont recover I will post some pictures. and to answer your question the leaves are not taco'ed, they are just simply losing their shade of green steadily and turning to yellow and dying (mostly bottom then the first middle growth to be effected is always the largest of the fans)... I'm really hoping i solved the problem.

6. Maybe you know this already, but the nutes lower the ph drastically. Our water has a ph of 9. It comes from lake mead. After adding full strength FF nute's then it drops to ph of 4. The higher the PPM the more PH UP I had to use. I defenitily keep mine at 5.7 -6.3

Good Luck

7. Thank you... yes the water was very resistant. But it didnt fluctuate nearly as much as yours, thats a pretty big jump from 9 to 4. Mine came down from 7.3 to 6.3 ( but this was only using 1/3 strength) so I guess that does seem relatively close considering your water is much harder.

8. Dude, you didn't even describe the problem. But it doesn't even sound like you should have one. I grow dank on tap water and don't ever check the ph, even when i add nutrients... AND i'm growing hydro!.. I've used miricle grow in my last grow and it worked fine, the only thing is it decreases yield because it's general use soil.

9. the description of the yellowing was in the following post, and this is my first time having to adjust ph as well... and thats because this isnt tap

10. Alright bud, no worries. I know we all have our own different ways of growing. Good vibes your way man

11. Thanks man, yours as well.