Sick Plants - Old Growth Necrosis, Leaves Curling Yellowing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stickofbutter, May 21, 2014.

1. #1 stickofbutter, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    Hello all!

So I'm looking for some advice as to what could be going wrong with my plants. They are planted in a soil (recipe below), watered with filtered tap water and have only been fertilized twice (Brown's Trout Sterff). It appears to be some type of deficiency, but I believed all my bases to be covered by my soil mix. You should also know that the mix was not cooked enough (only 1.5 weeks before I transplanted). 

Only two of the seven plants in the room are exhibiting these symptoms.

The plants that are affected seem to grow dramatically slower and seem stunted. 

3 Cu Ft. Fox Farms Ocean Forest
    1 Cu Ft. Sphagnum Peat Moss (Looking for input)
    1 Cu Ft. Perlite (Looking for input)
    4 Cups kelp meal
    1 1/2 cups bone meal
    1 1/2 cups blood meal
    2 1/2 cups alfalfa meal
    1 cup Hi-cal Lime (ph buffering and contains magnesium)
    3 cups azomite
    5 cups vermiculite
    20 lbs earthworm castings (awesome local stuff)   (should I add more to balance this mix?)
    2tbsps  epsom salts                     (looking for input, not sure how to balance with magnesium input from Hi-Cal lime) 

Attached Files:

2. #2 AugustWest, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    they look burned to me..

gotta let that soil cycle for at least 4 weeks.. especially w/ that alfalfa in there.

also you added fertilizer on top of that which is completely unnecessary and counter productive to what you're doing with mixing your own soil.

• Like Like x 1