Sick plants in aero

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lawnman56, Apr 26, 2010.

1. #1 lawnman56, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    Hi, I have a few plants in a DIY aero setup and am starting to have some issues. The plants are about a moth old now, and a week or two ago, a few of them started getting yellow spots. The spots are isolated to about half the plants. They started as yellow spots, then turned to yellow blotches and finally yellow leaves with brown necrotic spots and green veins. The leaves also had been drooping so I added H2O2 which seems to have not done anything. The yellowing started at the tips of the older growth and moves back the leaf with green healthy looking new growth. Roots are looking ok, some are white and hairy with a large root mass, others are slightly brown and stick together like wet hair with smaller roots. I might post some pics later depending on my level of paranoia.

aero setup
    3 part flora seiries
    HPS
    18/6
    900ppm

2. sounds like the beginning of a K deficiency...

could be from high temps/low humidity... plant can't drink as fast as it is sweating hence the def. (fix with regular misting to raise humidity/or get a cool mist humidifier - raise your lights with hid lights to prevent burning if misting from bottle)

could also be too much Nitrogen locking out K

PH issues, of course, would lead to this too.