Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Hello guys I am facing a little issue with the babies. I have turned to 12/12 cycle on 29/12 it has been one month now.

Let me answer a few questions to provide you information. Hope that will be enough to help you guys.

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? It is a mix 50/30/20 respectively Gold label light mix, heavy mix and cocomix. All containing perlite and I put hydro balls at the bottom of the pot.
    I do use smart pot 20l and some in 11l plastic pot.

Indoors or outdoors? Indoors

What strain?
    Bubba kush from greenseedshouse
    Blue cheese royal queen seeds

How old are the plants? Germination occurred 05/11. 12/12 cycle started 29/12
    What type of lights and how many watts? HLG 350R LED 330W DIMABLE FULL SPECTRUM. I have adjusted light power until using full power one week before flowering.

How far from the lights? 40cm.

What is your watering frequency and source of water? Tap water. I water every two or three days. Trying to follow a dry/wet cycle path.

What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    I am using BAC grow/roots stimulator during the vegetative stage. 10ml per 10l of water for grow.
    1ml for 10l of water for roots stimulator.
    FLOWERING: I use BAC products.
    Bloom: from 10ml to 15 ml per 10l of water.
    Bloom stimulator: beginning of flowering I used 2ml per 10l of water.
    PK booster: half of bloom quantity.
    Lately I have add cal mag 2.0 from BAC.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    I measured couple of times PH runoff between 6.5 and 6.9.

What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    Night min 17C/62F average 18.5C/65F
    Day 23C/75F average 25C/77F
    Humidity night 50% / day 45%

What size pots?
    11l plastic pot
    19l smartpot

Any bugs?
    I had thrips during veg but cured.

Hope that will help.

1 first crop: bubba kush 19l smartpot

Overall shape:
    https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...4/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512
    https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...5/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512
    I start to have I think a deficiency. I pretty confused on what it is really.
    See leaves below

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...6/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...7/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512

Hope the picture are visible enough.
    What kind of imbalance is it?

Second plant : blue cheese 19l smart pot
    https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...8/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...9/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512

Here are the leaves:

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...0/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...1/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512
    In about four days it has propagated to many fan leaves.

And last one/ third one: bubba kush 11l plastic pot

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...2/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512
    https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...3/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512

Here are the leaves:
    https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...4/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...5/?temp_hash=57eb4a24cf11bcc3896aadfa65d25512

I would like two know how to heal them. About my experience I am a beginner here is my second grow.

What other information can I provide to help identify the imbalance.
    I was thinking having a bit of P deffiency because the lack of CAL MAG during previous weeks.
    Cal mag has been used twice lately.

How harmful is the current situation for the flower?

Tha k you for your help
    Peace all

2. Hi

Added a tread before I seen this, basically describing my failing attempts at a first grow

Hydro DWC grow issues could you have a quick look

3. #28423 Lee grows colas!, Mar 10, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    Hey guys new to indoor growing. I have a sick plant any help would be appreciated. I'm growing in coco coir with gaja green 284 and 444 with worm castings. My one plant out of 5 autos has dark green and lime green leafs and the leafs are curling and the stems and stalks are no where near as thick as its sisters growing along side her. I got two baby feminized catching up to the sick girl quick and they were planted 2 weeks after her. And all the other autos I planted with her at the same time are 3x her size and already inweek 2 or 3 of flower. She is lagging behind bad. I will post pics below. Any help would be appreciated. The set up is...8x4 cube roof tent. 6 inch intake fan, 4 inch exaust, 5 gal fabric pots, coco coir with 284 and 444 and worm castings. Half the dose of Mr. Cunnuck Maybe a little more. Humidity at 55% temp at 70°F. 20220303_125537.jpg 20220303_125427.jpg 20220303_125537.jpg 20220303_125427.jpg 20220303_125527.jpg

4. #28424 Goodbyestranger, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    Good job

5. #28425 Goodbyestranger, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    Thanks

6. One of my leafs fell off, will it survive?

Attached Files:

7. Hey was wondering if anyone can help I'm growing in a 3x3x6 tent with 5 gallon fabric pots soil as medium and have 2 lemon autoflowers I was running 2 viparspectra 300 watt but just recently switched to mogobe octopus 300watt. So my problem is last 4days my leaves have been very droopy no color change. I though water so I made sure I watered a decent amount about 1 1/4 gallon for the big one and 3/4 gallon for the smaller one. I am doing lst. And I am using nutes but the last watering I use plain water to see if anything needed flushed but still no help. I do have the light 18inches away but don't look like light burn. Also the smaller plant I have in there sprouted first but then just stalled out for a week and started growing again but slower then the bigger one and the smaller one is more pale. Think I should keep the small one to see if I can get anything out of it or just scrap it? But my main concern is the leaves drooping. Could it of been from switching from a purple light to a white light?

Attached Files:

8. Hey, was wondering if anyone can help me diagnoses plants? New growth seems a little yellow to me.

hydroponics ebb and flo flood and drain. Currently using gh product micro grow bloom. Mixing 80l in reservoir comes out at 500 ppm on a 500 scale) ppm is staying the same and ph is moving up slowly always keep it between 5.5 to 6.5 in reservoir. using RO water. Air stones in reservoir, temperature of water anywhere from 69 to 72F. Room temperature is 76F. Light is 28 inches away from plants. Using 1000 mh cool master light.

im thinking iron? Because on new growth? Plants are now 16 days under the light.

Attached Files:

9. Hey, does the plant shown in the pic just need water, or could the soil possibly be a little too hot for her? It contains about 40% manure, and this is an auto about a week old. 20220404_131051.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Hello everyone I have an Autoflowering Dutch Passion Auto Xtreme seedling which has curled up probably due to overwatering or wind burn. I gave 200ml's of water in every 48 hours for two times and this was the result. I'd like to know what you experienced people think about it. Do you think it can grow out of it? I aired up the surrounding soil now.

11. the sides of the leaves are curling up and are dried out and crisp ...so its hot in your grow space ,,either higher the light a bit ,,and have you got a fan in there ,needs some ventilation ......mac,

12. I'm hoping you can give me a hand. To give you a jist of what we're looking at I will explain. I'm new to growing but I decided to try my hand at it. I'm growing in an AC Infinity set up, a 2x4 Tent with 6" inline fans for exhaust and intake. I have one of their new Iongrid T24 lights. I am growing in Ocean Farm via 5 Gallon fabric pots. I purchased the clones from a dispensary and they were iiving purr chaos for a few weeks in which I'm sure they were stunted and their lighting schedule was efed up because I was waiting on my grow setup and supplies to ship and arrive. I had them growing in little 4 in plastic Walmart pots that had the bottom feed option, they were doing great in those , even with the hunidity being 40ish and the temperature being random, normally house hold conditions. My stuff arrived and I transplanted them into the 5Gal pots and set them in my tent. I noticed they had started showing signs of flowering wayyyyy to early so I read up and have been doing lights in 24hrs a day to get them back into veg mode. I've started seeing new veg progress so I think it's working but I have a big annoying issue. My plants started drooling and curling and canoeing and the colors are a funky green, light green, amd somewhat white on the edges. I assumed I over watered but they just kept getting worse. I removed them from the 5gal and put them back In the plastic walmart pots and sat them in the window sill. They started looking a little better and I put them back in the 5gal and back in the grow tent with 72°F and 65% humidity. They looked as if they were getting better and then today they look like shit? I'm 20220517_102321.jpg 20220517_102324.jpg 20220517_102314.jpg so confused, are they still waterlogged? The soil is brand new ocean farm, I doubt it's out of nutes? What should I do?

13. Looks like a zinc deficiency to me. That's usually fixed by adjusting the ph of your nutrient solution. Try adjusting it to 6.0ish.

[​IMG]

14. I guess that's another thing that has confused me. I read that when using a soil like Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, I wouldn't have to use nutrients for a good while. They have only been in this brand new soil for around 1 week and the roots haven't even started to really spread. Should I add them anyways? I have the Fox Farm Trio, the Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. Could a Zinc deficiency stem from the roots being water logged? I don't feel I over watered them but it's possible I guess. You would think with the soil to plant ratio being so great, that it would be hard for the plant to runout of nutes or be over watered with that much free soil? Thank you for your help! Truly truly appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-F916U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. My soil PH is 6.7 at the moment. I did purchase a soil test kit so I can check nutrient content and deficiency, just have to figure out how to use it lol With the Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, it comes out of the bag at the optimal PH for Cannabis supposedly. They were soon happy a week ago and I put them in this dope ass tent with all the bells and whistles and now they're super unhappy lol fml

16. If you're not feeding them nutes then adjust the plain water you give them. Adjust it to 6.0ish.

Do you have any idea what the ph of your tap water is?

If you're worried about overwatering the trick is to lift the pot. After a while you'll get used to how much water is in there just by weight. If it's light enough to lift up then water. If it's heavy, leave it alone.

17. I've been using distilled or bottled water because...well it felt better lol and the bottled water was already a ph of 6.7... maybe this is the problem ?

18. Nothing wrong with distilled water. Plenty of people use it because their tap water isn't good. The problem is likely the ph if everything else is in order.

It's not a matter of zinc being deficient in the soil, it's about the zinc not being accessible because the ph isn't in the right zone. It's called 'nutrient lockout' and will appear as a deficiency even though there's plenty of available nutes.

So I wouldn't feed any nutes at this point. I'd just adjust your distilled water to 6.0 and see how things progress.

19. Through a soil test I've found my soil has a ph of 5.5 as well as very high amounts of calcium and magnesium. I'm wondering would sodium or potassium bicarbonate be a better ph neutralizer than dolo lime as my gut reaction says I don't want to add calcium to a soil that already has plenty of it..? Thoughts?

20. wood ash= potash/ raise the ph in increments slowly add until you have a 6.5 ph mate,wood ash also leaches quicker than lime so if you want to grow something like blueberry you already have a low ph just for that