Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Manganese def? Potassium def? PH 6.0 , Soil+perlite, ppms of all plants was around 800 to 1200, flushed a little, now around 700 to 1000. 6 plants, sativas, all running third week flower. 2 of them have this problem and some plants with higher ppms are having no such rusting. so i think its not about overfeeding. i can see some burned tips and some turned up leaves but i think its not it, other plants are doing fine. they say about 1200ppm is fine week 3 flower so whatcha think. pretty clean indicator for a professional. also top leafs are curling like hell

Attached Files:

• r4.jpg
      r4.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • r5.jpg
      r5.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • r6.jpg
      r6.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  2. I’m new to all this but my cannabis plant is about in her 4th week of her flowering stage and some of my fan leaves are turning yellow from the outside in and causing some leaves to turn brown and eventually fall off. I had a fungus gnat infestation during vegetive stage but that didn’t seem to effect the plant from growing except for a few discolored leaves. The infestation is depleted and now I have more leaves turning yellow during the flowering stage. I feed it nutes every other watering with Fox Farms Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. I use a VipraSpectra Par 450 for its lighting. My humidity levels range from 45-50% and temp ranges from 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit. Sugar leaves look good but I do have one cola where the outside edges of the fan leaves are turning red/purple, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Thought is was light burn but it’s only happening in the middle section of my plant. My guess is a potassium deficiency from what I read but not sure. Flowers are still growing and look good. Plz help

Attached Files:

3. My roots just started poking out the smartpot for my 3 Gal auto grow. Autos don't typically outgrow their pot like that, and rarely exceed a 5 gallon container, but now I'm stuck in a predicament where I only have 2 weeks or so left of flower, but roots are sticking out the bottom of my pot now. Do you think action is absolutely necessary immediately, or can I ride it out with the roots out? They aren't exposed to light, so that problem shouldn't be an issue at least. I realize it's not ideal and in a perfect world should be fixed. But do you think they'll make it another 2 weeks to harvest without repotting, or will it die if I don't repot it in those 2 weeks?

4. Does anyone know if this is wind burn and spider mites? Neither of these plants have been given any nutrients yet and both are in Recipe 420 soil and the burned one was gradually introduced to direct sunlight.

Attached Files:

5. Any idea what this is? Plant is about a month old

Attached Files:

6. Trying to find out what's going on. I want to say it's nute burn and possibly over watering. What do you guys think? Let me know if you need more Info! 20210619_120800.jpg 20210619_120806.jpg 20210619_120811.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Hey, If you only have 2 weeks left of flower I would leave it, not worth stressing the plant repotting it if it only has 2 weeks left. Just make sure the plant has enough water since when it's root bound they can need more water as there's less space for the soil to store water. Your plant definitely won't die from being a little root bound, I wouldn't stress it!

8. I'm not sure what to make of the crinkling at the center of my leaves. Just transplanted so they are super exaggerated. At first it was just on one plant but now it's on all of em.

They've been in happy frog the last 2 weeks, transplanted to 50/50 happy frog ocean forest yesterday.

Temps have averaged in the low 80s. Have had a tough time with the heatwave keeping it cool in there. Need to buy another AC ASAP.

Humidity stays around 40-50, occasionally going up to the high 50s.

The seedlings were only out of their tray and in 1 gallon pots for about 12 days before needing to be transplanted again yesterday.

I water with Brita filtered tap water pH to as close to 6.5 as I can get. I was adding a calmag + iron supp to all waterings just to get it to 125-150ppm as it comes out around 60ppm from the tap. The last few waterings I haven't added any calmag to my water.

I put great white on the roots and transplant holes for both the first and second transplants.

I just started noticing a scarce amount of small white specs and small holes on some of the plants. Not sure if mold, pests, dust or otherwise. Referencing online pics it doesn't seem to be PM. But maybe it's just early stages. 0622212021.jpg IMG_20210622_202718_449.jpg IMG_20210622_202718_436.jpg IMG_20210622_202718_447.jpg Image.jpg

Sent from my LM-V450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. What is this? Happened quick! Just put them in big pots 3 days ago with good quality potting soil. No liquid ferts were used. Light intensity??

Attached Files:

10. I’m not expert man, but when I had two separate plants different strains looking like that I threw in some bloom spec nutes
    High P-K numbers.

There are people on here that will give you a an exact break down. I use buildabloom soil admin. And literally 3 days later other then the purple red stems, you could never tell

11. Not sure about spider mites man. Those are usually little tiny white bite scars.

No idea about the burned one, but what ever the issue is you definitely have mold issue man.

The first pic has white mold looking stuff all over the plant, or it’s some webbing from an insect, do you have domes over these plants? What’s the humidity like.

12. Hey all,

been long time since I’ve been on GC.

looking to figure out what is going on with this.
    2B83FDDD-5001-4F30-9543-1F8B698EA1EC.jpeg

I run organic soil and water only. Most pests I can take care of with some oil/soap water spray. This has not worked with what ever is going on with my plants these days. I have used a few other methods over the years, but prefer not to unless really needed.

13. Hey everybody

Please excuse my bad english. One of my 5 plants has brwon spots on its leaves. Some stats:
    -Flowering day 25
    -using the whole biobizz line including 0.3ml/l biobizz calmag everytime I water using the manufacturers recomendations
    -400w ndl 14inch away and 4x10w led‘s 8inch away
    -biobizz light mix soil in 4.3 gal root pouches
    -watering every 3 days/ if the first few inches are dry 0.64gal
    -82.4 F temperature
    -45-50% humidity

thanks for your help :)

Attached Files:

14. what ec are you running at
    i would be running about 800 ppm at 25 days in myself
    isnt bio bizz coco

15. Sadly I don‘t have a PPM meter but next time I water I‘ll check the PH.

16. #28356 SONWEEDMAN, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2021

17. PH is around 6 which seems pretty low. biobizzstates that its nutrients autocorrect the PH to 6.5. What do you think?

18. Greetings blades n bladettes! I'll jump right into my problem. For starters, I'm usually growing in tents but I made a lil grow space that I was only gonna use for veg, but I acquired some new lighting so I'm might flower here too. Anyways, I noticed the creepy lil crawlers which I believe to be mites. I'm not worried about that much cause I ordered some beneficial insects to take care of that problem.
    I'm more concerned about the lightening of the leaves n the plant as a whole. Mind you, when I 2st started them off, I wasn't watering them on a regular basis. I was actually starving them. Now, I'm trying to get somewhat of a feed schedule going on, cause I really need to get to know my soil. Hence, that's what I believe the issue is.
    My relationship with my soil is starting to go astray. I'm about 2 apply some fish meal as a top dress from buil a soil which I hear is high in nitrogen which would be my 1st guess as to whats wrong. I have cal-mag which I gave them in a feeding the other day. I'm also worried or concerned about micronutrients, so I also ordered Big 6 from build a soil just incase the soil within itself is off balanced. Is there anything else I can possibly be missing here?
    There still veggin pretty hard n my plants on the right side seem to be doing alot better than the plants on the left. Still, the plants on the right have some deficiencies too but not as bad or on the same level as the left. Also, one of the plants stem is looking purple n it's definitely not from the cold. Ugggghhhhh... I feel like everything is going off the hinges right now. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    I feel like I'm still young in this grow since I haven't even sex'd them yet, so plenty of time to bounce back.... I hope! Lol. Thankx 4 your help in advance.
    Image.jpg purple stem n lightening of leaves Image (1).jpg lightening of leaves Image (2).jpg mites n eggs under leaves(nasty lil fukk'rs!) Image (3).jpg browning on leaves.. almost looks burnt Image (4).jpg same type burn, just lighter Image (5).jpg whole set up right n left sides Image (6).jpg whole right side Image (7).jpg half left side Image (8).jpg other half of left side Image (9).jpg overhead right Image (10).jpg left overhead

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I have a few plants in a tent, mid flower, doing well overall. I looked in and saw two tiny flying bugs (like head of a pin) doing loops in front of the window. It took me a min to realize they were there and not artifacts on the window. I can't find any sign of them other than that sighting and the plants look great. Is there a good way to investigate this, should I take remedial action like a strip of fly paper or something? Or is it just two aholes on a pleasure flight passing through?

20. Can defoliating after plants have matured be detrimental to bud growth?