Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Epsom salts would be best as dolomite take time to break down

• Like Like x 1
  2. How many feedings should I supplement the Epsom salt?

3. #26243 CannabisEh, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    I did 1.5 Teaspoon/gallon of warm water. Did 2 foliar applications about 4 days apart. They're looking better already. Loki stated he uses 1Tsp/Litre. I also top dressed with a bit of lime (1 Tablespoon for each 4 Gal container) so I went lighter on the foliar spray.

I've determined that my PH was a bit high which probably caused the lockout in the first place. My water was 7.5. I'm going to bring it down to 6.5 next watering.

Also found out my standing water was at 10-15 degrees Celsius (50-60F) when I was watering which was not ideal. Just put my jugs into a warm bath until temp hit 20C (68F). It's been a pretty cold winter up here in Canada. We had two days when it was colder than Mars -36C (-33F)

Before
    IMG_6717.JPG

After
    IMG_6716.JPG

4. This looks like a humic twist ! Happens more often in organic gardens but, it happens when their is built up humic acids in the medium. You're pretty deep into flower and, those plants look pretty nutrient rich.
    I would lay off on all nutes and just use plain water with aloe Vera or molases (enzymes increase nute uptake)

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. #26245 Sypha, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    This plant is actually in veg.. not going to flower for about a yr.. keeping her as a mother plant.. but thanks for the great knowledge shared, always appreciated bud..

6. Will someone please take a look at my picture and assist me with what might be wrong with this plant? I haven’t been growing for long, but I haven’t run into this issue before. Jack Herer auto, planted in dirt 12/26, the growth seems stunted and the new growth leaves are discolored... not yellow and not really a bright green, just a lighter green throughout the leaf randomly. Soil is fox farm ocean forest, i have the pH around 6.5. The pH was a little high for awhile but that has since been corrected prior to the new growth that is still affected. Any tips would be appreciated! I have 2 other plants in the same tent that are doing just fine.

Attached Files:

7. Can you take a pic in normal light. Kinda hard to tell with the LED

8. Sure thing! Here you go. I also noticed that it isn’t rooted very well

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. #26249 CannabisEh, Feb 7, 2019
    Hmm..strange how it's almost split right down the middle of some leaves. Doesn't look like any obvious nutrient deficiency to me. If you recently transplanted that would explain stunted growth and droopy leaves but not those spots. Almost looks like a powdery mildew or something. Have you been foliar feeding or anything?

Temps inside tent? Distance of lamp to plants?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I did sprinkle micorrizae around the base of the plant when it was a few weeks old because it wasn’t rooted well. I thought it had gotten stronger but the roots just don’t seem to be growing. Other than that I have been using cal-mag, fox farm big bloom (1/2 strength) and grow big (1/4 strength) like 1x a week. It’s really strange because like you said I can’t match it up to anything deficiency related. Looks like a pigmentation disorder, if that is a thing!

11. I did sprinkle micorrizae around the base of the plant when it was a few weeks old because it wasn’t rooted well. I thought it had gotten stronger but the roots just don’t seem to be growing. Other than that I have been using cal-mag, fox farm big bloom (1/2 strength) and grow big (1/4 strength) like 1x a week. It’s really strange because like you said I can’t match it up to anything deficiency related. Looks like a pigmentation disorder, if that is a thing!

12. #26252 meganb, Feb 8, 2019
    Now that you mention the powdery mildew... I get a white powder in my exhaust fans and the source seems to be from the humidifier. My tap water is on the harder side. I wonder if that had something to do with it? The discoloration is inside of the leaf though.

13. #26253 CannabisEh, Feb 8, 2019
    I found images that look identical to yours but it won't allow me to post the link.

Autoflower - net

Lime green leaf chlorosis, possibley hemp streak virus?? Diagnoses appreciated

IMG_6719.JPG IMG_6720.JPG

Could be related to genetics, environmental conditions (i.e. Heat stress, temperature, RH etc) or a virus of some kind

14. While this is possible I'd imagine it would probably be on all the plants and not just one. Unless the humidifier is right next to that plant, in that case you can try moving it away or using distilled water for your humidifier instead of tap water. Most manufacturers recommend distilled water anyhow

15. Yup. This is it!! It’s a virus, Tobacco Mosaic Virus or TMV for short. The mosaic-like discoloration is the hallmark, and also twisted leaves, which is starting to happen with some of the new growth. Jeez I didn’t know I had to worry about viruses too. Unfortunately I decided to pull it from the tent so it doesn’t infect the others.Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Handling tobacco the touching plants can give plant tmv

17. I just had to get rid of 3 more no cigs but we did smoke a blunt.

18. #26258 Besthomeguy, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    15497442570890.41777134410377315.jpg 15497443039230.35252789965864983.jpg Hey guys thank you in advance for your help this forum has helped me many times in the past.

I currently live in Los Angeles and ordered some autoflowering seeds online named Sour Girl paid $155 dollars for 12. I'm not using nuts yet. When I do I plan to use liquid nutes. I can tell that the plants are showing signs of nutrient deficiency as low as as well as light deficiency. I'm just not sure of the best course of action because I do rent a room in a house and I can't exactly have a grow room in my closet but they are aware of what I'm doing and they are okay with me using a couple bulbs for now indoors I just don't want to push it too much with the indoor electricity.
    The seeds have sprouted and have been growing them in a cloning chamber. I'm using two 20 watt bulbs currently and was using a heating pad.
    At this point I am curious to know if I should continue to use a heating pad and if so for how long?
    One thing to note is my plants have stopped growing. They're still alive but they are have not shown any signs of growth for about 3 weeks. Also note that the seeds sprouted a month-and-a-half ago.
    We have had substantial rain here Outdoors so I have not yes planted them outside due to the lack of sunlight.
    I used to be really good at growing clones I was a pro at it. But it's been so long at I forgotten a lot of things. I've never grown in soil either.

My intent is to grow these Outdoors immediately so that they can flower and I can get some new perhaps better clones for the outdoor growing season.
    The bulk of my experience growing is from clones indoor using Hydroponics. I have grown Outdoors before but I've never used autoflowering nor have I used seeds nor have I used soil much at all. The seeds are all the same strain. I will update my information shortly. Ill update what strain this is as well shortly.

So my questions again are should I use a heating pad right now? And if so for how long? Also should I leave them in the cloning chamber with the lid on with high humidity levels?

Please help me and I will repay you with Karma Plus thank you so much guys I appreciate it so much. I used to have us right here where I gave people advice on cloning and cutting techniques. So I most certainly try to get back to the community just as you are giving back to me

19. So i got 2 candy kush fir autoseeds and i hqve them under the optic 1 led with fox farm trio as nutes around 60-72°F and humidity around 56-65. Just started flowering but i cant tell what my problem is all my nutes are mixed at quarter strenght, ive also added cal/mag, as well as silica. P.H.ed to 6.5-6.8 wattering every 3-4 days. 20190209_174239.jpg 20190209_174248.jpg 20190209_174307.jpg 20190209_174323.jpg 20190209_174352.jpg 20190209_174305.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I'd say your done with the heating pad once they sprout. Now just keep them moist and humid. Also they probably stopped growing cuz they need a transplant now. You can use solo/beer cups then transplant from those again in a few weeks into your final containers. I'd say at least 5 Gallon for outdoor.