Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

i have 4 white lemon on veg for about 45 days, 2 of them look amazing and 2 are starting to lockout...

I been feeding them biogrow and bioheaven in the minimum quantities because my soil has some food on it.

I cant understand why and whats going on..its odd because i feed them all the same and at the same quantities..maybe u guys can help me out..its just my 4th grow..still getting the hand of it..

Any help is mutch appreciated..

Best regards

thumbnail_IMG_20181030_205803583.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20181030_205815232.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20181030_211717186.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20181030_211732005.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Thanks for offering chaotic, I appreciate your generosity. I am growing for the first time. My two first test plants were doing amazingly well! I have a 4x4x7 foot grow tent. Its in the garage but we have radiant heating so the floor generally stays in the 50's. I have one 4 foot fluorescent grow light currently located above the plants, and then I have two 600 watt multi spectral LED grow panels which are coming in from the sides of the plants. Shortly after I went into the flowering stage I got a fungus gnat infestation. I tried first using Neem oil but that didn't seem to do anything after 2 weeks so I tried a fungicide/pesiticide which also didn't seem to have much effect. Of course I had tried drying out the soil, I have a moisture/Ph/light meter, and watering them with the proper mixture of hydrogen peroxide. This didn't stop them so I bought beneficial nematodes which seemed to diminish them greatly when combined with putting up a sand barrier on the top of the soil. But the issue is still ongoing. The plants are recovering partially but there are still gnats and I still have to remove dead or yellowed leaves. If I hadn't been in the flowering stage when this occurred I would have waited until they had gotten healthy. I don't know what to do, I can provide pictures when I get home this evening. Thanks in advance!

3. Try Stratiolaelaps scimitus. Unlike nematodes, they will cycle, establish, and remain for the life of the plant. No more fungus gnats once they establish. And they also eat pupating thrips, springtails, pathogenic nematodes, diapaused spider mite, etc. etc. Best bang for the buck. best time is to put them in when you propagate for future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hello!
    Was hoping someone could shed some light on my plants defeciencys so i can address them, I was a tad unsure about correcting it myself, I dont want to do the wrong thing and take a worse turn like some of my other plants have that I did try to fix.
    I also have a grow journal going that you can get more info about all the grows with issues, which explain my lights, nutes, and setup if you have a question and I cannot answer fast enough (on my way to work)
    GrowDiaries. My first grow

Thanks all!!

Attached Files:

5. Th
    These need attention ASAP! Multiple problems I see here! They have a magnesium deficiency and need some Cal-Mag or Epsom Salts IMO. They look very over watered, droopy and sad looking! Did you actually water over them?
    What have you been feeding them? What soil are you using?
    I see you water from the bottom - STOP! Always water top down - It helps flush the plant and remove salts and nutes!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chaotic aint been on in time man.

But fungus gnats you need a attack plan.
    Id go with a mix of
    Sand like youve done
    Id also use spinosad
    And sticky traps for flyers
    And crushed shell oyster is good
    Crushed shell in the top layer will cut them as they come out sand must remain dry and at least an inch gnats wont layin what they believe to be dry medium. Also wanna make sure ypu got no side holes. Try keep a dry room.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Well looks lime cal and phos but plant that small its not gojng to have exausted the soil of it so the question is what soil are you using and have you given any nutes

How wet are you keepi g the soil?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for that, I am looking at those now.

9. Whats spinosad? I also have sticky traps in there. I will put up some pics this evening, I might have more than one problem going on like others I see on here. Thanks!

10. Cool. pics and what your using light aoil and nute wise helps as does temps and hum ect

Spinosad is a bacteria that make spinonase that when ingested by a bug it basicly kills the bug. And it can live in soil, tho do not use if your using benifical preditors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hey, thank you so much for replying!! I am using epsom salts, I don't know if im using enough, I put like 10ml of it into my ph'd water, mixed it. Should I be melting it down or doing something I don't know? I have fox farms soil, fabric pots. Although I was feeding bottom up, the plants are under 4 weeks, theyve had only water at this point minus two feedings with fox farms trio/epsom salts/liquid karma. The one plant I did give a "water foliar feed" after the lights were off, then after inspecting them when doing that I decided to make the post. I don't water on the plants, I had gotten some dolomite lime on the plant the night prior, thats when I decided to do that this am. the dolomite is a good source of some nutes too that i wasnt providing, and thats my ph buff i dont have ph up, i do have ph down. I will start feeding top down, thanks for the info!

12. Some background, I started 2 seeds at the same time. The large plant in the pic after a couple of months was over 5 feet tall while the other was only 2. By the time the large plant reached 6 1/2 feet the other plant was still just 4 feet tall(these heights include the pot). But since I have just the one large tent I had to put them both into flowering stage. If I hadn't bent the large plant to grow sideways it would be 8 feet tall or more! The other plant as you can see is around 5 feet tall now. They both suffered badly from the fungus gnats and they are now recovering a little, they have more growth and more green leaves but still I am having dried leaves and leaf damage, see pics. I have a picture of the 2nd crop of plants, one from a seed and the other a clone of my largest plant. Please let me know if you see something I can treat. Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide.

Attached Files:

13. What's going on please?!? Instead of second set of leaves small tube with like a hole in the middle?

Thanks

Attached Files:

14. In soil - NO point using PH up & down. Soil naturally buffers itself to the correct PH. It is only really crucial in Hydro etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Soil you need i good micro heard for it to buffer ph the soil dont do it the microherd does and can only do it if healtby so usinv nice nutes and tap water left out to dechlorinate im in soil and grow bottle organicly and dont ph a thing

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey this is my first grow I was just wondering if this is normal they started getting kinda droopy and kinda light in color on the newest leaves just wanted some input on if I should be worried or if there is any issues you guys can see

Attached Files:

17. Look fine mate! Once you transplant they will take off.

18. Have a handful of plants going and this one started this yesterday. They all came from shitty bag seeds and honestly wasn't expecting them all to work as well as they have to begin with. As of right now its in just some miracle grow potting soil until its replanted into something bigger which will probably be in the next day or two. But any idea on what's up with this guy?

Attached Files:

19. I can tell you... MIRACLE GROW has burnt the sh&t out of your little lady! I would never use that soil - Just too HOT! You need to get her out of there into some different soil mix (BioBizz Light mix for example)

• Like Like x 1
  20. I have some fox farms soil I'll go ahead and transplant them in some bigger pots also

• Like Like x 1