Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. You may have a salt build up from too much nute that burning tips but edges say potassium def to

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Ok
    Ok. I was thinking that too. Today is the start of week 8 of flower, should I do anything about it now or just keep using straight water till harvest. I was planning on flushing today as most info says to flush at 2 weeks before harvest and go to ph'd water only before harvest, but now I don't know what to do. I hate being a newb..!

3. Oh. I forgot. I've been checking my soil with the soil ph meter and it has pretty much stayed 6.8 to 7 the whole grow. I've never actually checked the runoff water. I only have test strips but I can check it when I flush that one tomorrow.

4. I started four seeds last week in black gold soil and plan to move them into ffof and coco mix. I had one of the plants attacked and eaten by a cucumber beetle so joe there are 3 left. They have been looking great until a couple days ago I noticed some small burns. I haven’t been testing the ph of the water until yesterday so I’m wondering if that could have something to do with it.
    So here are the three plants. The last one being the one with the burn marks. 0E7D4D51-7AD4-4018-BF1B-97876DD2B1A4.jpeg BD293D43-CB1B-486F-99B1-911B9900E95F.jpeg 5E040356-CA84-4E20-9878-FCA1BD5136B7.jpeg

5. Ok so I ph'd the soil again. 6.9. I watered to runoff with 6.0 ph water...the runoff was 6.5 to 6.8..hard to check exact with strips. Is this Ok?

6. Sally is sick! I have just started full grow nutes with her as recommended by general hydro grow schedule. But she has now yellow tips to her leaves. My ph is 5.9 and I'm growing in coco, so I give nutes with every water. That all being said I just installed a vivosun 300w led in the room and it's 25 inches above her, could it be light burn?

Halp!

_20180718_083154.JPG

Northern lights AF/ Sour Jack fem closet grow.

7. My Candy Cream is sick! She was showing signs of needing some calmag so I gave her a dose and she didnt get any worse for a while so I gave her another dose the next time I fed. But she seems to keep getting worse now. She in happy frog soil, I've been feeding at about 1/2 dosage every 3 watering. Ph is right above 6.5. And shes about 5 weeks after the flip. Any help would be appreciated 20180718_004239.jpg 20180718_004249.jpg 20180718_004256.jpg 20180718_004310.jpg

8. Yours looks much better than mine bud size in comparison. So I'm just guessing but it looks like phosphorus deficiency. I'm no expert though. Your buds look huge for five weeks. To me it looks like they are eating more than your giving. But, I've also been told that it is normal when the buds are getting close to being done. How do your trichomes look?

9. Can you take a picture in normal light? Hard to tell under that color lighting

10. They're clear as day

11. I would try boosting the phosphorus level a bit..keep an eye on the new little leaves growing out of your buds. They are your new indicators of problems.. but you are only 3 or 4 weeks from harvest so don't go crazy with it. Just feed extra phosphorus every other water. Ph check your runoff and your dirt. Make sure none are under 6.3. Your close. Good luck. And I'm using happy frog also. I started having issues about this time too. It's good for veg alright but needs something extra at the end of bloom. I used their nutrients also. But I didn't have their feed chart at first. This run I have it and haven't had so many problems this time. I found I had to change a bit due to the light I was using. They base their feed chart off of optimal conditions set in a lab. We don't have labs and perfect conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ok. First I'd say your over-watering. Or it is too humid where your growing. You've got a bit of mold on your leaves. Spray with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide in a mister. 1 teaspoon in a quart of water. Just 1 treatment should be fine. The small bit of yellowed leaf maybe the new light or the moisture. If it's dry and crispy it's the light, if it's soft and floppy it is moisture. Your growing in coco? Just coco? Hydroponic setup ? Or Coco in a pot? What light were you using before? Most lights come with a height for acclamation in their manual. Yours says 24" for veg..but if the light you had it under before was much less watts raise it higher for a few days and then start bringing it down a bit slowly over a weeks time.

13. The white is a bit of salt accumulated from a drop of nutes, I wiped it after this. Hmm it's the same true wattage as my florescent t5, but now it's just led. I raised it a bit either way.

Northern lights AF/ Sour Jack fem closet grow.

14. I can't tell if my plant is sick or what but it's been growing very odd.

The picture where the plant is green was the day I bought it from the dispensary, and the other picture is today. The topmost leaves are taco-ing hard and the bottom leaves are yellowing at the tips and some leaves are growing very abnormally. Could the dispensary have sold me a fucked up clone? Thanks 20180714_134549.jpg 20180718_163634.jpg

15. Taco leaves are heat stress, your light is too close or too hot ,, the clone was probably rooted in hydroponics and you planted in soil. Probably transplant shock with the odd growth or nutrients in the soil. Some deficiencies cause curved skinny leaves. Do some more research on deficiencies but it is possible the clone is diseased, unlikely but possible.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ah florescent to LED. Your LED light has infrared which can burn your plant till it gets used to it.

17. Just checking yo make sure I'm right about this diagnosis. I'm thinking Mg deficiency. I just noticed the light yellow spots around the middle of the plant, I took 3 leaves to show.

Middle leaves of plant affected.
    4 gallon pots
    FFOF
    fox trio
    Using RO water
    2 400W HPS
    5' x 6' x 7.5' grow space

Pics

20180719_143857.jpg 20180719_143847.jpg 20180719_143830.jpg 20180718_002149.jpg

18. Just to make sure I looked at the Cannibas Growers Guide. You are right..Mg deficiency,,not too bad yet. Hit it with a dose of CalMag..cant hurt to put some extra calcium in too.

19. By the way. I started with ffof when I started my most recent grow but the supplier was out when I re-potted and I went to Southern States and got their bulk potting mix. DO NOT DO THAT. It's good for veg I'd say but after flipping into flower it is way lax on the potassium, magnesium and calcium. Total crap for flower without amending the hell out of it. Makes me want to do hydroponic!! I probably would have been better off leaving them in 1 gallon pots and watering 3 times a day. The green peppers I'm growing in ffof are absolutely beautiful and I don't even use any nutrients in those.