Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Your a stupid noob. You flag my post. Lighta 2 to 3 inches away from your tops is just stupid. Get a book on growing indoors you moron

2. Thank you. i "flagged" you post accidentally. I wouldnt notice if you didnt press the dissagree button on mine. I undo it, but whatever.

3. Sorry man. I never had a flag on here and I was just trying to help

4. Oh yeah its okay, it's just numbers man... the main thing is that my plants are probably dying. But even in the guide you sent me, there is literally sentence : "So with fluorescent grow lights the idea is to keep your plants as close as possible as long as it passes the "hand test." In other words, your lights aren't too close as long as you can put your hand where your plants are for 30 seconds and it doesn't feel too hot for you. "
    I am thinking its some small bugs, or some nutrient related thing... I dont know :(

5. Like I said sorry. You just can't put your hand under the lights and tell. It's a good indicator but you really need a thermometer right by the tops. I guarantee you will see a difference in temp compared to where currently have it on the side

6. #25666 Kf420, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    I don't agree with the hand test. I can hold my hand near the tops of my plants with the temp at 90
    I know a lil of people go by the hand test but I personally can take a lot of heat without it bothering me

7. So how far should the lights be? In the grow weed easy guide theres nothing else other than the hand rule for cfl.

8. I'm not really familiar with cfl lights. The problem with them is that there is so many possible configurations it's impossible to say it depends on how many lights you are using. The more lights the hotter its gonna get. Those plants definitely look like they are heat stressed.

How to Prevent & Treat Cannabis Heat Stress | Grow Weed Easy

Nebula and her man no a lot. When it comes to growing they are the shit. But I think the hand test sucks.

Put your thermometer right were the tops are and monitor the temp.

Also you said you are running your lights at night. Temperature under grow lights tends to build up. How's the temp after say 8 hours?

9. Its not nutrienis. No tip burm and no signs of deficiency or nitrogem toxicity. Do you have a microscop if it's bugs you really want to find out what kind. If it's russet mites trash them and treat your room with multiple miticide 3 days apart. Clean everything with bleach. Steam any carpeting. It could be russet mites but they are mostly here on the west coast. I still say heat stress. Look for russet mites tho. Look on the underside of the leaves in the center along the main vein. You need a 60x scope minimum. I use 120x. This is what they look like.
    699.jpg

I hope for your sake it's just heat stress

10. Any luck? If it's localised I doubt it has to do with the overall integrity of the plant. Maybe environmental? Do you foliar feed? Have you exhausted the probability of an infection or infestation?
    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

11. How is it growing in comparison? Also, how long đó you have left? If you have a while and it pales in comparison to surrounding growth, I would personally chop it. They're survivors, but it may end up being the"bottom of the barrel" for that harvest if you're interested in an economic style grow. Cash croppers would keep it for weight, I would drop it for quality. (For Both low quality on the damaged branch and focusing energy on the vigorous buds)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

12. Wow ok so skipper with cfls you should keep them close as poss 3inches is normally use a small fan to blow the heat away and ya golden. Can you post pucs of ys plant again i may be able to help.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. what the fuck man, tone it down, relax. The guy is just looking for some help with his plants

14. Im not sure if anyone told you yet, but you have a big problem with the light! 3 25w clf is maybe enough for ONE plant, 75w isnt nearly enough light for the plants you have right now. My guess is its a deficiency or a bug. If you want to grow this many plants I'd recommend an HPS. Its recommended to have at least 100w per plant

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG] Help me please, what are these yellow spots?

16. Hello Ents,
    First time grower, had some problems but could figure it out until now. First some of leafs curl up. Heat stress? Second, one of Pandora girl's leaf look like bleached or something. Some kind of deficiency? Third and last, 2 of healthy looking girls has thinning spots on leafs. Pics and info are below.

Soil
    Strain: Pandora and Royal Dwarf
    Auto
    plant age 4w
    pot size 11 lt
    Repoted 2w
    Soil type Biobizz Light Mix
    nutes or additives Hesi TNT Complex, Hesi Root Complex, Hesi SuperVit, Hesi PowerZyme
    Air temps (max min) 24 - 29 C
    humidity: %40-%50
    lighting type and wattage 320W Led
    Light schedule:20-4

Attached Files:

17. Currently growing 6 plants in 50 gallon smart pots outdoors in half super soil half fox farms ocean forrest. I let my soil cook for the minimum amount of time necessary (5 weeks). Plants have been in soil for about a month now and have been doing great up until about a week ago. From my readings I was convinced it would be a good idea to mulch my plants so I topped dress the soil with worm castings and then covered with pine bark mulch. After that I noticed caterpillars so I did a foliar spray of neem oil. 2 days after that I noticed my plants leaves starting to look a little rusty looking. Today leave tips are curled under and burning has occured to the leaves. Is my soil to hot? Or is there some kind of mag deficiency maybe? Or is it something to do with the mulching or neem oil? Any advice would be awesome

Attached Files:

18. Yeah I know. I was having a bad day. I apologized