Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. thanks for the reply..

humidity is about 60 to 65% lights/fans on and 76% lights/(some of fans) off. i haven't watered them for a week since the leaves are still vibrant..should i do it anyways?

2. Hey guys . This is my first grow. Im growing in a 2x2x5 grow tent, 450w vipaspectra led light, and a 4inch I power 190cfm scrubber/fan. Using jinxproof madcap and ice cream dream.

Im on day 12 from seedling. Yesterday my ice cream dream seedling was droopy with some deformation. I gave it till today to see how it' doing and mannnnnnn. It' droopING a lot and so are the madcaps. My temp was ranging from 75-83 with humidity level ranging 30-60%. I thought maybe I was over watering but I only watered when soil was really dry.

I' phing at 6.0 with some superthrive. I' using fox farm soil at bottom layer for when roots reach down they get some nuts off the soil and top layer some seedging soil. Not sure what' really going on.

Figured maybe heat stress or something. I raised my light a bit and watered till it started dripping from bottom a bit. Here is 1 pic of the ice cream dream from yest . Will send more pics tom. Any idea what' going on?.

Attached Files:

3. I' using a small fan all the time. And now have a Consistent temp of 77 with 34% humidity. Scrubbr on aswell. Don' know what' going on fellas. Any help is appreciated

4. last PH was 6.8 I gave it a 5.0 solution for the next feed. Now its at 6.5. How low do I need to take it?

5. Mag issue or varigation has it got any worse?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Could have been danaged as it was growing just keep an eye on it

7. Coco needs to be at 5.5-6

8. Looks like cal def so go ahead with a cal nute it wont get better but shouldnt get worse after 3 days of applying to soil or if you can foliar feed thst cal then spray it

9. Ethos snowball. My buddy gave to me bc he ran out of room. 7 gal smart pot. I put this in my room Sunday watered it that way with light nutes and cal mag. Last night I noticed the leaves were kinda drooping and the pot felt lighter so I fed again but this time I upped the nutes a little because I suspected a magnesium deficiency. When I came back to check later that night expecting the leaves to be standing tall but they were still drooping a bit I was hoping she was just calling for a watering but I think I was wrong. I'm not positive if I'm correct but I've been reading that the mag could be locked out and the best thing to do would be to flush to 25‰ runoff and feed quarter strength nutes with the flush to activate the nutrients that are locked out. Does this sound correct am I on the right track or am I wrong? I'm not positive so I'm coming here for another opinion thanks for your help in advance. (I believe the bottom leaf on the last picture got relatively submerged when I watered) 20180418_050210.jpg 20180419_050431.jpg 20180419_050443.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Droopy leavea can be because of over water. Also what the ph of the run off as them strips can be from mag but when they go brown like that it can be a ph imbalance

11. I was thinking it could be over water also. I'm at work and will get the runoff when I'm home. I phed at 6-6.5 when I watered both times

12. 6-6.5 is a random one of your in soil it wants to be 6.5-7

And coco is 5.5-6

If your that low in soil you maybe locking out some nutes
    Nutrient_Chart2-1.gif

13. I try to get it as close to 6.5 as possible. I don't trust the pens so I use a testing kit with the reactive liquid coloring. I guess I'll try to keep it in the high 6s for now on. What do you recommend I do? Obviously wait for it to completely dry out but a small flush after with quarter strength nutes phed near? Or just a normal feeding with correct ph

14. Feed near 7 it should start to bring it up
    If you get a decent pen youll be ok but tbh if ya go organic bottled nutes you dont habe to ph ive not phed my water in like 4 years. I let my microherd do the phing

15. I just started using "Aurora roots organic player pack" I used what they recommended for veg and tested the ph and it was well below 6. I should get a decent pen you're right I just had a bad experience with the last one I don't think it callabrated correctly

16. When you say you let your micro Hurd do the work does that mean raising my ph after testing the feeding with nutes could be a problem?

17. With cheaper ones you must keep that bulb bit moist. Tho if you organic ph should sort its self but any nute that suoress the bacteria will slow there phing abilitys

• Like Like x 1
  18. No i feed organic so no chem nutes. And bacteria can adjust the ph as necessary i just add up to 5ml of my nute per liter and then water i know it wont be far off the right ph but micro herd will do ph for me i give the soil molassas every week to boost the micro herd

• Like Like x 1
  19. Can I keep on giving 5.0phd solution? Or is that too low for a feed? How acidic can I make a feed without damaging the plant?

I understand I need to flush it repeatedly until I achieve the required ph. But how low can I ph the feed/solution?

20. Hi all! I'm currently running in a bubble bucket, pH 6.1, 0.42 EC, 210PPM.
    Lights is a 600w LED Grow light.
    Made nutes into pHed water with Hydrogen Peroxide 19% yesterday.
    Plant is currently day 19.

- Current temp 32C
    - Max temp 36C (I know it's too damn hot, I turned on the Aircon and got it down to 29C)
    - Min temp 26C

- Current Humidity 60%
    - Max Humidity 74%
    - Min Humidity 26% (humidifier turned off due to the tank becoming empty)

I noticed the bottom leaf is clawing down with brown spots on it and the serrated tips are brown too. The yellow and burnt tip was from a previous heat stress.
    What could be the cause of it?

[​IMG]