Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. my temps are between 68-72F favoring the 69-70 area :p

Do you think they're going to die or can they pull through?

2. Are you warming your water up to room temperature? Common in the winter, if you water with cold water they will turn purple

• Like Like x 1
  3. the water i use is roughly 60 degrees, is it a bad thing though for them to purple as seedlings? I have looked all over the internet and havnt found any case of them turning purple in the seedling stage :O

4. I am going to try to warm it up i dont have much to work with though do you think it would be okay to place a heating pad under the pots for a few hours on low?

5. Alot of times the plants will harden when the stems turn purple making more difficult to lst or bend your stems if needed.. You typically want them to stay green and flexible..

6. oh ok what about the 3rd set of leaves coming in purple?

7. Same thing usually, either watering with cold water or a deficiency.. It's not good for the plant either way.. Try to keep your temperature more consistent.. They don't like temperature swings..

8. Please help her name is rosa and i dont wanna lose her

Attached Files:

9. I'm at day 49 on some Irene Ogs/ Alien Berries/ Casper Kush that are in a DWC with under current. Under 4- 600 watt hps lights new ushio bulbs. Ph 5.6-6.0 TDS 1200 on average thru flower. All 8 plants are very underdeveloped as far as the flower compared to last run on same plants..only difference is last run was done in soil from seed..soil ones came out beautiful. Huge colas, frost, and dense. But i mostly grow in ebb and flow or DWC. I can't figure out wtf happened? Temps have been 65 low-75high with a 35-50% humidity. Anyone? The plants look very healthy but the actual bud is extremely underdeveloped. On all 3 strains.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Previous grow of soil grow on same strains pics below. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Do you augment co2?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. No. Never have.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #25174 marmaduke9, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    This look like a temp or nute problem?
    Seems to effect the middle of new growth, had it happen a few weeks ago in veg too.
    Leaves curl and dry up in the middle, pistils have browned too.

It's possible I'm underwatering, putting 2L every 2 days on average, 20L fabric pot, always really light before watering.
    Following the biobizz recommendations.

Not all the tops are like this, only 3 or 4 on the top (out of 8), all the lower ones are fine.

Attached Files:

14. Is it bad shorting down the light period while plants are still seedlings? I have 4 seedlings with 4-8 small leaves. I currently have them under a 24\0 lighting shedule with a 200w CFL. Next week im getting a 400w HPS in there and dont want to use too much electricity. Would i be okay shorting down to 20\4, or even 18\6 light schedule? They are autoflowers.

15. yeah you can go to either i perfer 20/4

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. When I had everything right, it was the only thing I didn't do. Do you exchange your air frequently or is it a sealed room?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Airflow is exchanged hourly if not even moreso.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I do appreciate the ideas tho. I would have considerd the same thing. I've never really needed C02 tho Im certain it would increase my yield. Just like to KiS. Some food for thought tho! Thank you.

• Like Like x 1