Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. I don't think a Lux meter gives a true reading of LED's so you may be okay lol.
    I'd always opt for MH / HPS :smoking:

2. lumems is a poor way to know what plant wants as lumens is how light effect himan eyes not plants plants use PAR and can utilize IR and UV where in the lumen scale IR and UV wont read much at all as is not visible light. woth clfs you want 100w per plant but at seedling stage a 24w cfl will do for 2-3weeks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thank you so much guys that was rly helpful, Ill probably create that grow journal, so if you wanna know how it worked out just check in 9 weeks or so xD much love from the White Widow aswell

4. Thank you so much guys that was rly helpful, Ill probably create that grow journal, so if you wanna know how it worked out just check in 9 weeks or so xD much love from the White Widow aswell

5. i use a 125w CFL blue spectrum for veggin ...and a 250w sodium for flowering ..the 250w lamp didnt cost to much money and you can grow 2-3 plants under it ,,,,i did try out a 25owcfl for flowering but it just didnt cut it ...a sodium lamp was a lot better ,the250 cfl lamp didnt penetrate the plants canopy very good ..,,,but i still use the 125wcfl for veggin though,,,,mac,

6. So you're telling me that getting an 100w cfl the plant will do fine, even through flowering and all?

7. Does it get too hot with the sodium lamp?

8. if ya can id try get the 150/300w led the 150w mars led pulls 75 from the wall and will be and the 300.pulls 150 you can pull more from a 150w led than a 200w cfl i reckon i could pull more with 75w than 200w cfl.

9. i reckon a 175 w sodium would suit you for flowering,,,,you then use the you old led for just veggin ,,and buy a 125w cfl blue spectrum for veggin ,,,mac

10. sorry double post ,,mac,

11. no no 100w hid or decent led can carry a plant theought but wont get huge amounts. like i say a 150/300w mars old model would be better than clf or hid or 45w led pannel :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. an once ya got the cfl the e40 holder cable ect ect i think that would come to more than mars but i dunno cause im guessing your US based not uk

13. sound advice but hes on a budget and heat is 25 with the 45w so thinking hid may be bit too much and the multiple lights would push the price up whaere as a 150 or 300w led pannel from mars there old white type that should suit plants needs and the temp and the budget.

tho no idea on budget atm

14. Nop Im UK, i just saw some mars models online on amazon but none cost below £250, aaand I dont like have that kind of money rn xD

15. yep think your probably right loki...,,really i was making a point about CFLs for flowering they are ok for veggin but not very good for flowering ,well thats what i found ,,,i think in another few years i'll see what LED lights are like then ,,and move over to them ,,,,mac,,

16. there like 60 if that ahh your uk sweet same as me lol. ill have a look for a link fo a cheaper one or ill ask sars from mars. whats ya budget.

17. 80£ thank you sm

18. will do ill give ya a quick pm then when sara kets me know ill let ya know should be early tomo morning hopefully. or she may be able to beat that price or something lol :)