Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Great because I have a problem with my two blueberry plants. They are second generation plants from cuttings. One, the older one by about two weeks, is yellowing, and doesn't have the buds the other has on top. You see, they are in there fifth week of flowering. The younger plant, by about two weeks, has buds on tops, but the other, older one, has a couple of small buds on top and the sides are barren, just starting to grow in. They are in 12 inch pots, and the bottom half of the soil is farfard soil from shop rite, and has some small fertilizers in it. The top half is Happy Frog soil with 40 percent vermiculite. I am using PH Perfect, a three-part fertilizer that you use at 4ml per gallon, but I am using 4 ml per quart. I am also using a tablespoon of black strap molasses, and a terpene mix that consists of some spices and pine, and mango (one scoop of each for each qt.), that has been ph corrected. I use spring water also, that is ph corrected. I use 2-400 watt cfl lights with aluminum hoods. I also use that terpene mix, with a very small amount (about 1ml) of nitrogen (part 2 of the ph perfect, with calcium and iron in very small amounts), at one quarter strength as a foliar spray. I fertilize once a week, then wait about 4 days for the soil to just about dry out (the bottom, by the roots are still slightly wet), then I flush it with filtered water and a tablespoon on black strap molasses. When I feed it or flush it, I put enough in to let it go through and I can check the ph, which I do every time. Usually the ph is between 6 and 6.5, but recently, it's been more like 7.5. Would that affect the growth of the buds and is that the reason why the leaves are more yellow than green, with the ends yellowing, and some leaves even turn brown and die at the ends, along with some (just a few) of the shoots coming out? I would like your opinion on this and the idea of adding terpenes to the mix and foliar spray to add some of the medicinal qualities that are in other plants. You see, spices like cinnamon are good for inflammation, ginger is an anti-cancer and antibiotic, pine is good for memory, along with other spices that also have some of those effects. This is a brand-new concept I thought up. What do you think? Please check out my pics and tell me what you think of my girls and whether you think it is possible to get a couple of ounces from each one. Like I said,they in their fifth week of flowering and wonder if they look alright to you. I want to ask you also, if it is possible to EXTEND the grow cycle by increasing the nitrogen. Is it possible to extend it maybe two to four weeks this way? I appreciate your help in this. I am new to growing and this is only my second attempt. The first one fell short when I shocked one of the plants when I transplanted it because it was getting root rot, and the other did finish either because the ph was way too acidic. I am not making that mistake twice, you can bet that! Thanks again for all your help.
    Vinny

Attached Files:

2. I've done that myself. Get yourself some good paper tape, hold the plant together and tape it tight enough so that the broken branch stays tight against the stem. It should heal itself in no time flat. If it looks like it isn't taking, then you can cut the branch off, cut the end on a 45 degree angle, and reroot it with rooting hormone. You will have a brand new plant that is already well established. After a couple of weeks to a month, the plant should have roots (make sure to put it under a low level light, like 100 watts, so it doesn't burn the plant, the soil is pushed firmly against the stem and you keep the stem and soil moist at all times), and a brand new plant you can replant, vegetate for about a month, then go back to flowering again. Good luck.

3. I bet you that buddha ain't laughing now!!

4. Neither am I

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Ok so my seedling sprouted on the 18th and now its the 21st. The oval leaves grew fine but the first set coming in look tiny, stunted and drooping down...even tho the oval leaves are facing upwards...ive mever had this happen amd idk im in just not giving it enough time bit my last grow by this time had a full set already. My soil is backyard soil seeing thats all i could get ay the time. I have it under two 23 watt 5000k cfls about 7 inches away. Temps are around 24 celcius. If anyone has any idea whats going on it would be well apretiated. The last grow i did was 50/50 mix of beach sand and yard soil and it grew fine. And faster than this one is..so i dont think its the soil. Am i just worrying too much?..its just usually the first set of leaves coming in are really green n fat at first these just look dead lol thanks for any info.!

6. Here are the photos of the seedling

Attached Files:

7. patient's my young grass hopper there absolutely fine they will grow bigger with in a few days and then the next trie set should come out after them there looking fine atm keep going

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks alot bro was hopingit was a patients problem haha ive just never seen the first set droop dowb like that and have brown tips. You seem like you knowwsp tho so ile keep ya posted! Thanks fer the quick reply! Gana just wait n see

• Like Like x 1
  9. cant see browm tips... what soil is she in

10. remember not to over water

11. Just soil from my yard amd ive only been misting once a day around the plant. Ile try to get a pic of the brown

12. Yhe tips are just to say brown and i dont think its the soil. Im gana let the mesium dry out for a day or two amd its def not too hot. 7 inches away feom two 23 watters.

Attached Files:

13. Just sharing what i could and found. I as well am having problems. But cant quite figure it out.

Sent from my VS990 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Heu guys. My ladies are 2 weeks into budding. And i have a few leave issues 20160821_165659.jpg 20160821_165757.jpg

Here is a group photo. Any help would be great 20160821_165722.jpg

15. Forshure man any info helps

• Like Like x 1
  16. You mean medicine growers .

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lmao i love how some people think canabis is as bad as alcohol or heroin like do the research... To say its anything but a medicine is plain ignorance... Its the person who is the abuser...its the lil ganstas thinkin they cool by smokin weed who ruin the medicinal reputation of the plant. Hell the states had so many diffrent patents of camabis infused meds and creams and shit lol like they didnt know it was good for em haha my ass