Sick Plants, Browning and Yellowing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ezuba, May 15, 2007.

1. These two plants are both in 5 gallon bubble buckets. I have done a few things that I have learned later are not good for the plants. For one, I started adding neuts to the water only a week or two into growth which I have read should have been closer to 4 or 5 weeks. I added "Super Natural Brand Gro Aqua" in the amount of about 1/2 a tsp per gallon. One of the two plants began to look like this so I cut back on its neuts but it did not seem to fix the problem. I am now about 5 weeks in and am not sure what exactly I should do concerning neuts.

The other mistake I made was in light height. I have had the 400 watt MH sitting only 12-14 inches up but I believe I read during veging it should be quite a distance, up to a meter, away from the plants. I only realized this in the past few days so I have raised the light considerably, maybe 2-3 feet up.

The room has stayed for the most part below 85, peaking to 90 the first few days it got hot before I turned the AC in the house on. The humidity is not ideal but stays between 40-55%.

I use brita filtered water. I cannot test the ph because I have not figured out how to calibrate the meter i purchased. I do not understand the poor directions given so getting a little help with calibrating that might be my next question. Here are some pictures of the two plants.

If anyone knows which of my mistakes(or maybe a different one all together) has caused this and what I can do to fix it I would greatly appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. there are looking magnesium def

you jumped prematurely, you really cant grow hydro without a ppm meter to actually measure the strength of the nutes & a ph meter otherwise your guessing and this is the result

as to your ph meter and calibrating it you need 7.0 ph calibrating solution and 4.0 ph calibrating solution the meters are calibrated using these solutions available at any hydro store

lites 18-24" put your hand @ plant height if the heat doesnt bother your hand it wont bother the plants

3. The closest hydro store is an hour away. Is there anywhere else that might sell ph balancing solution? Would anything be sold at Lowe's or Walmart that would either do the trick or be close enough? I do have a PPM meter but have neglected to use it partially because I am not 100 percent certain where the PPM should be.

This is without going back and looking but I believe I remember a number like 600 PPM being thrown out aswell as around 5.8-6 ph. I also read that one or both of these should be increased or decreased as you go into flowering and be slowly altered during flowering.

With a nuet like "Supernatural Gro Aqua" which is supposed to be ph balancing should I buy a ph up and ph down solution to correct it? This neut is 17-7-18.

What are some ballparks on these numbers and what will fix the magnesium problem? Thank you all for reading and your feedback!