Sick plants again, over watering?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by hobartt, Feb 12, 2009.

1. #1 hobartt, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    What type of medium; soil
    What brand and type of soil? Hewitts potting soil
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Northern Lights
    How old are the plants? Just shy of 2 weeks into 12/12
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFL's, About 300 watts
    How far from the lights? 6 inches or less
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Fox farm grow big and big bloom. It was last fed about 7 days ago with 1/4 strength grow big and half strength big bloom
    What is the medium/runoff pH? 6.0 give or take .2, Although I havn't checked it in quite a long time so that could be a culprit.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Doesn't exceed 90 degrees
    What size pots? 2 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. No
    Any other pertinent info?

Ok here's the deal, I have 2 girls right now both in flowering for a few days shy of 2 weeks and they're not doing to well again. I posted a few weeks ago about my problems on these forums but it seems they've returned. Right now they are pretty droopy and have been for the last few weeks so I came to the conclusion it was from over watering. So, about 13 days ago I gave them one last watering of about 1 liter of water per plant and let them dry out for 6 days. I go back to check on them and what do you know, they look great, perked right up, barely any new yellowing and barely any droopiness. I thought I cured the problem all was going great. So that day I watered them again with about 1 liter both plants again with a mild nute solution of big bloom and grow big. Fast-forward 6 days and I go to check/water them and oh my, was I in for a surprise. They look HORRIBLE, they're droopy, they are yellowing again like crazy and I just can't figure out why. It also looks like they're shrinking; they were bigger 3 weeks ago then they are now.

Heres picture of them now. The last two pictures are from 3 weeks ago for size comparison.

Attached Files:

• 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      12.5 KB
      Views:
    • 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      14.9 KB
      Views:
    • 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      14.4 KB
      Views:
    • 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      14.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Hey, when your plants are drooping what are the tips of the leaves doing? are the curling down or up or what?

3. hey, i was wondering if you could help me. my seedlings are drooping why? its drooping down why? thanks a lot

4. I just feel sad for ya :( that sucks

5. They are curling down.

6. Reach in on the side walls, of your pots. Go down all the way. When you are all in, take your fingers, and pull, some matter, from the bottom. Keep it in hand, and pull out, slow as to not lose the contents of your hand. Now, if you see white roots, then your root bound.

Let us know

7. I don't think I'll be able to get back to my plants soon enough today before they go to sleep so I'll have to try that suggestion tomarrow but I do recall about a week before I placed the girls into 12/12 I did repot the smaller of the two girls into a bigger pot then before and when I took the girl outside of her older pot there was a lot of roots circling around the soil on the outside. What I'm worried about now though is if that is the problem should I still go through with repotting them because I've read that that causes a lot of stress during flowering and can run a high risk of turning them hermie. Do you think I could just let them go or should I just take the chance and go through with it?

8. A BIGGER, re pot is needed. Root Bound, means, your roots, can no longer grow, so neither can your Top ( foliage ). If you wish a success, you need, 7 gallon pot, or grow bag (grow shop 20 cents each ) is needed. Also a flush. No, it won't put them into a hermi. Light flucuations do that.