Sick Plants!! Aah!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Reno.eNVy.446, May 1, 2008.

1. Here's whats going on:

- one plant (first set of pictures) is dying. drooping, yellow/brown tips, top leaves curling up, yellow splotches

- one plant (second set) is starting to show yellow splotches but the bottom leaves are very yellow and brown

- one plant just starting to show yellowing tips

five weeks old
    6-14w 5500K CFL 24/7
    MG moisture control
    average temperature 85-86.
    Water every 3-4 days
    pH normal

Important: just starting to get over an infestation of spider mites. Neemed on monday, most are gone. Will spray again Saturday

So what's going on? I still have two really good looking plants but I want to know if a) I can save these, and 2) how to prevent it happening to my good ones

Attached Files:

2. Whats is your pH exactly? Looks like youve got a little pH twist going on.
    Also, MG moisture control soil is not good for MJ. I see little fert balls in your soil which contains nutes, and moisture control locks in moisture, where MJ needs the soil to dry out in between waterings.

3. Alright. I suppose we'll just ride it out and see what happens. Maybe start flowering with the good ones and just take extra care of them.

Whatever. We have two more viable seeds. We should just start over and do shit right from the beginning

4. Could always try a flush or a transplant.

5. We just did a transplant when we tried to get rid of the mites.

How do you flush? Just run a lot of water through the soil to rid it of excess nutrients and other crap?

6. yeah 3x the water to the size of the container, but i'd think about getting some different soil, as anony said that moisture control stuff isn't great for MJ. If you flushed that stuff it would take forever to dry out.

7. Yeah, we're just going to see if the crappy ones live. Give 'em a couple days and if they don't get better, we'll just sack them and flower the other two. But just out of curiosity, what will happen during the flowering stage if you accidentally can't get home to turn the lights off? Will an extra hour with lights on, but still 12 hours of darkness, make them go nuts?

8. During flower its very important you stick to the light schedule. An extra hour may stop the plant from flowering, and if you add in an extra hour, you cant get 12 hours of dark.
    Also important no light leeks into the dark hours.
    You can get a timer from a hardware store for $5.00. Its a must IMO.

9. an extra hour wont cause your plants any harm but the soil they are in will slowly kill them
    especially when the fert acid balls dissolve you will see the plants get worse by the day of all the soils tested I found that MG moisture control is the worst soil you can use for growing weed

check your ph now & check it again when the ferts dissolve they will be living in acid soil if they live that long

transplant ASAP to any soil that does not contain timed release fertilizers