Sick plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sneakers, Jul 21, 2007.

1. My plant is about 44 days old and has been in the flowering cycle for about 10 days now. I noticed several days ago that the leaf tips of the older leaves were starting to turn dark, almost black. I thought I had read somewhere that it was a magnesium deficiency and I should lower the PH just a little. I did this and it seemed to correct the problem. Later I was looking at the chart and realized to help with magnesium the PH needed to be raised but the problem was corrected.

Thursday I changed out the nutes, cleaned the reservoir etc and have a fresh nute solution with about 800 PPM GH Flora-Bloom and 400 PPM Flora-Micro and this time I adjusted the PH up a little to about 6.0. Today I found this.

[​IMG]

The leaf on the right is one of the oldest leaves. I ripped it awhile back and it has sat in a nute solution more than once. It hasn't been a pretty leaf for a long time but the other leaf is all splotchy. It isn't like this over the entire plant but it is on a few leaves. I tested the PH and it was about 6.5 so I lowered it. I had best get it to about 5.8 or so I guess.

Any idea of what this is and a way to correct it?

2. get your PH in optimum ph range is 5.5-5.8

Grasscity Deals Near You