Sick Plant problems. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ZachTheZilla, Mar 3, 2013.

1. This is my third grow. I am using the super box by Superponics. I'm using distilled water (my water is too hard, destroys pump, etc). If anyone could advise me I'd appreciate it. Here's info.
    - 18 hours of light
    - using the TechnaFlora nutrients (their complete package)
    - currently feeding the "transplant stage" in full dosage
    - no direct watering yet (no roots). Rockwool getting water from bubbles and its saturated
    - Ph around 6.1
    - Algae growing in tub for some reason.

Anyone who can help me resolve this will be entitled to a handsome reward!

Attached Files:

2. #2 ImagineAll, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
    Your in a hydro setup with a 6.1 ph? Get it down to 5.2-5.8. What is your water temp? Water too warm promotes algae growth. Try to get it below 70f. Are these clones or seeds? A dirty setup promotes problems too.

3. 1) Cover all the openings to the res ASAP. Get some of the white/black panda film and just cut a slit in it for the plant to get through. Light hitting the water is a big no-no and eliminating that will also stop the algae.

2) Rockwool being saturated doesn't sound good - slightly damp would be better. If you have some hydroton or similar put some of that in the pots first, then the wool cube then more hydroton around the sides. And/or, drop the water level in the res.

3) I'm not familiar with Technaflora but I feel like manufacturer's recommended dosages are always too high. They naturally want you to use up the product and buy more.

From what I can see, the new growth doesn't look like it's in too bad shape. A little less water and less food they should pull through.

4. What he said. Without roots you should still be in a dome Imo. Staying in that setup id put about an inch or so of hydroton under the rockwool and let it dry out. Top water clean water with very little of your micro formula ph'd to approx 5.6 - 5.8 until you see roots.

Once you have something established then start bubbling your rez about an inch or two under the net pots. Until then no reason to have a rez full of nutes going.

5. I use technaflora all the time. Are you using their veg program or root 66.

6. Check your ppm's! Looks a lil like nutrient burn. Foilare feed and maybe flush, but the new leaves look ok. So maybe the problem is gone.

7. ^^^^^ good advice^^^^^

8. On the nail. High temps in res and dirty condition from photo provided.