Sick Plant? Pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JLC322, Feb 10, 2013.

1. So late into flowering I noticed my leaves with all these white dots over them. I'm thinking maybe spider mites or fungus of some sort? What do you guys think? If it is something, how should I treat it in flowering. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like the beginning of powdery white mildew

3. to me the spots look like major damage from spider mites. take a pic with the hps off so we can see the plant clearer. do you notice any little webs on the plant? you can try gently misting the plant just a tiny bit to make the webs easily visable at the end of ur light cycle. dont want the plants wet with light on.

4. Looked at it through my microscope, its indeed spider mites :(

Any home remedies?

5. i suggest picking up some mighty wash. that is ok to use during flower and works very well. i keep a little jug of it around just in case. ive fought them off a few different times with it with great success each time.

6. Thanks panda! Can I pick it up at any local stores? Should I avoid spraying on the flowers/buds?

7. any local hydro store, or can be ordered online. with mighty wash you want to drench the entire plant, buds and all, even spray it on the underside of the leafs. of course you would want to do this with the lights off, or you will burn the plant. there may be some home remedies that would help but if you want them gone for sure i suggest that stuff, especially during flower. other products can leave your buds smelling and tasting funky and be quite harsh.

8. Thanks man I really appreciate it. With might wash, do you use it everyday or every few days?

Someone told me to mix some dishsoap with water and vegtable oil? Does this actually work?

9. i have used a similar mixture for treating powdery mildew, not sure if it would take care of mites as well. with mighty wash you spray like every 3 days so you kill off all new hatched seeds before they can lay more. usually takes a good week or 2 before they dont come back for a while.

10. Thanks again! I'm going to use the water + dish soap mixture tonight just to see if I can get a jump on it and I'm going to pick up the might wash from my local shop on Monday. What actually causes these things? Sucks getting them late in flowering.