Sick plant (Pics) Help me!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ChronicGrapes, Nov 25, 2010.

1. #1 ChronicGrapes, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
    Okay, so i recently started my first grow which is just 1 plant under 4 23 watt cfls 6500k kelvin for veg in a mylar coated box.about 2x2x4. my friend told me to mix some nutrients in a spray bottle and mist the plant with it once every two weeks. the plant was going great at first shown in (Healthy plant). but a day after i used his technique my plant began drooping GREATLY.(Sick Plant) and about 2 days later this is the result on one of the leaves (Sick leaf) Only a few of the leaves have this going on and the plant is picking itself back up but it just looks ugly. is there still hope for my plant or is it fucked?

Sick plant --------- Healthy Plant -------------- Sick leaf
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. folier sprays are very difficult to use properly especially for a newbie. i never recommend using them. i only use pesticides in sprays. As far as saving the plant. I would toss it and start over rather than throwing a bunch of time and money at a plant that will never yield well or have a quality product. i threw hundresd of dollars down the drain trying to use weak and sick plants. Now i throw out anything but strong plants. weak plant never fully recover and yields suffer. plus they are more susceptible to diseases.

For your next try dont folier spray or use any other magic potions. watch your soils ph and keep it simple you got to walk before you can run.

good luck

3. Yeah, i picked up 2 more today they are Blue Star clones. keeping the other one though its doing much better. i clipped the tips of some of the leafs and shes looking alot better. im gonna give it a chance. and thanks for the advice i know not to try shit before i verify it first now.

4. if you are new to this i would highly recommend mixing 30% perlite in your soil. It will help prevent overwatering. just keep it simple dont worry about additives such as pk booster, bud hardeners, hormones or any of that until you can grow a health plant through till harvest. all of that stuff will just cost money and make it more difficult. all i use is food and have great outcomes. ive tried so many additive and have thrown them all out except roots excelorator. that was the only one that made a noticible difference. i stopped using that also, isn't necessary anymore.

keep it simple

5. got them in perlite now. Thanks for the advice

getting a Bubbleponics hydro system soon and gonna start a grow journal look out for it :D