sick plant?? new grower- help appreciated

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by smilesaregood, Apr 25, 2010.

1. This plant started looking sick last night. Today the leaves are much more droopy and weak where they used to be thick and full. I am not really sure what is wrong with it. I transplanted it about 4 days ago and that is all I can think of. The ph is 6.0 in a Hydro passive 5 gal bucket with bubbler. It is under a 400 watt HPS with 4 other plants (that are doing fine) on a 12/12 schedule. I just kicked them into flowering.
    There are 4 pics- one was last week when it was looking healthy in veg, the others are today. If you have any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help:)

Attached Files:

2. dont know much about hydro but 1 thing i can tell you for sure.stop sparaying your plant.MJ does not foilar feed.

3. Really? I knew they didn't foliar feed but they always seemed to do better when they got a little bath every now and then. Good to know- Thanks.

4. Are you using tap water?
    Any Nutes?
    Room temp?
    Have you sprayed any bug sprays?

5. Was using distiled but switched to filtered tap... hmmm, BC Boost, BC Flower, Citrus. I was wondering (now that I am thinking about it) I always use the top measurements on the fertalizer chart, on the bottle. It is usually like 2 tsp per gal of each of these. What do I want my ppm and all that to be (if you know)??
    Temp has been stable- around 80 during the day when lights are on and 67 or so at night.
    I have not sprayed for bugs. Do you do that with every grow or just when you see bugs?
    Thank you so much for your help!!!

6. go get yourself a 5 gallon bucket or something bigger thats water proof that can holdthe amount of water you need, let it sit out 2 days or so to get rid of the chlorine in it. Chlorine is not good for your plants. Whats you water temp getting too? Id clean the crap outa the system with clorox, rinse it and add new water. I would recommend buying RO water from the Wally world dispenser. Fertilize with about 1/2 strength and see what happens. doesnt look like bug problem.

7. When it was in Veg it was in a fish tank... When I put it into flowering I switched it to a 5 gal bucket, that is when it started going down hill. At this time I also switched the ferts. I think I shocked it plus I did not let the water sit for 2 days. It is weird, some leaves look great and healthy and others look like the 3rd pic. Should I just wait it out and see if it starts doing better? It is not getting worse but is in a neutral state. Thanks again both of you for your advice- it gives me lots to think about.

8. OK ver good information to know....

yes it definately went into shock there is a lot of chlorine in tap water even compared to a fish tank. I would get some definate water control down..I highly recommend buying Wally World Water itll cost ya like $2.00 a refill once you buy the $15.00 water tank well worth it or buying an RO system. Understood these cost money it helps a lot