Sick plant looks like calcium deficiency IDK

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gardner2, Jan 29, 2017.

1. If I make double sure my pH is closer to 6.5 will this effing brown spot problem resolve??

It's Hash Plant. Approx 6 weeks from seed.

Attached Files:

2. Lol is this the mag def day. I had same duplicate problem. Foliar spray 1tsp per gallon Epsom salts for faster result, and water with but not to often. The damaged leaves won't repair.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

3. I would say calcium deficieny is what the problem may be. What's your current ph? Changing the ph down to 6.5 most likely won't help the problem and may cause stress due to ph fluctuation

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mag def will cause multiple nute lockout even if they pH is correct. But pH jumping around to much will also cause issues.

5. Agreed, changing your pH (even if it's not what it should be) sometimes does more harm than good, in veg it would be OK to very very gradually change it if needed but I'd look into other problems first. For possible nutrient problems I normally start by looking for the underlying cause, like rootbound plants, improper watering/drainage, type/brand of grow medium, temperature, pH, etc

Just some things you might want to check before adding nutrients.

6. Ph 6.5 is fine, ideal ph for peat/soil mediums .. if u flush feed at that ph and then add some nutes; superthrive, cal-mag and spray them with nitrozyme., they will recover. Ph fluctuations between 6.3-6.8 are not a problem and are actually encouraged by professional growers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Call mag deficiency.... See how your stems have turned solid purple or reddish.... That's not normal.., good luck BUDdy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purple red stems, can be genetic, and appear in cold weather. But as a deficiency symptom would be phosphorus deficiency. Not Cal or Mag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Idk how I didn't notice those purple stems...

10. Stems alone mean nothing, because like you said, some are genetic, but typically not to that extent. But combined with leaf symptoms, it does point to cal/mag, which could be locking out phosphorous too like you said.

11. Yup.. I get purpling stems in winter and always use cal-mag.. you're correct and I've had purple phenos and strains that do this naturally .. also light intensity can cause purpling on open stems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. I have hard water. how about I just use my tap water instead of rainwater with Cal-Mag? Will that help?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Or run it threw fish charcoal cheap from Walmart

14. Yes and yes.

J

15. When these are brand spanking new little tiny seedlings, they have red-purple stems.

16. #16 MommaBear, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    You are going to need Cal-Mag with rain water and I have hard water and still use it, it helps a lot. It's easier to add cal-mag and nutes to my tap water because the acidity of them brings it very close to the proper ph (still have to add about 10-20 drops of ph up). With rain water is relatively acidic anyway and the addition will take it down close to 4-5 needing way more ph up.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum