Sick plant help please

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Whitebreadd, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Hello everyone my plant has a patasium deficiency i just transplanted to a diffrent pot size when i seen the deficiency because i thought it was root bound. So im still seeing the deficiency on the tips of the leaves and few spots im using fox farm soil i just transplanted to i was trying to hold off on feeding for atleast a few weeks maybe 3 so it could adjust and feed on what was in the soil. So i was thinking about flushing it and i have never flushed a plant. So should i mix up the nutes and flush it with that? Im using advanced nutes ph perfect. Or flush with just plain water then add nutes when im done? I know flushing stresses the plant so was trying to avoid that. So could i just water and check the run off and deppending what the ph just adjust it and feed after with nutes? Or add nutes and check the run off and adjust the ph? Or just say screw it and flush the plant out? Please help i am very new to this process. Thanks everyone.

2. first off, the point of a flush is to rid the medium of nutrients and salts, as well as loosen up the soil. Typically, you're supposed to flush three times the pot size worth of water through the plant. It should be ph'ed. 3 gallon pot? 9 gallons of water to flush. and so on. Adding a flushing solution helps.

Flushing the plant with nutes is just overwatering and wasteful.

as for your plant's deficiency, I have no clue. You'll need to post pics. and give way more info on your grow. like how old the plants are, what strain, and how often/how much you water.

3. plus, if the FF soil you are using has nutrients in it, flushing that out would be wasteful and should be avoided.

4. Thank you for the information. Sorry i am new to the indoor growing a noob if you will. Anyways the babys are 25 days old today from when they first came up i havent fed untill yesterday with advanced nutes ph perfect. They are dark angel plants from croop king seeds also and i can post pictures when i get home and ive been watering every other day with just phed water down to 6.5. I fed it with nutes yesterday and checked the run off and it was a 6.8. Thanks so much for your help i greatly appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds like a good PH for soil. Always try to keep it between 6.2-6.8 (runoff).

Keep in mind that most FF soils have lots of nutes. My FF Coco Loco soil fed my girls for an entire month before I had to feed them.

However I am growing Autos and have never transplanted them and kept them in the same 7 gallon pot their whole lives.

If it is fresh, unused FF soil, go light on the nutes to prevent burn. I started at 20% nutes and brought it up to 100% over the course of two weeks.

I guess you should look into how long your plants will be good to go in that soil. Lots of growers use FF soils. I loveeeeee my coco loco soil.

Be prepared to flush them if you over-feed them. Good luck and good work!

I'm on my first grow ATM
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Yeah im going very light on the nutes under half of the recommended probably half of a quart for each plant with .25 of grow. .15 of micro and .15 of bloom also then gonna work my way up over the course of a month because the fox farm soil is a new bag. You think i should feed every other day at that dosage or feed then water then feed every other day? And your babys are looking so beautiful congrats on that grow buddy doing a splended job.

7. Here is what the leaves are doing do you think it is nitrogen or nute burn it really looks like nute burn 1113172047a_HDR.jpg

8. That's nute burn. Is there any burn on any other leaves that aren't towards the bottom?

9. Yes its on some of the top leaves and some of the bottom probably 5 to 6 leaves

10. Do you think i should flush it with some advanced nutes flawless finish?

11. If it's all over the plant like you're saying, I'd say yes.

12. So ive never flushed a plant before should i just do what the bottle says to do and add it to every gallon of water i flush it with or just to only one gallon. I jist bought the stuff so ive never used it.

13. You're going to want something that can catch all the water. Like i said, you should flush three times the pot size. My plants didn't fit in my shower, so I flushed the plant above a kiddie pool and dumped it outside when it was full. I sat the pot on top of a mesh garbage can that kept it above the water. If you have somewhere to drain the water, take advantage of that.

For starts, you're going to need an accurate way of measuring out the water. I use a 6-gallon bucket that I've marked lines on to see how many gallons it holds and to measure the water. Too much flushing agent won't be the worst thing in the world. But just follow the instructions and water the plant the required gallons. Make sure you pour the water as evenly as you can around the pot. Like don't pour the water on just one side.

Mix the flushing agent into the water and PH it. Then simply water your plant. Let the plant sit and drain for a while after you're done giving it all the water.

Some people say you only need to put the flushing agent in like 2/3 of the water. But i use the flushing agent in all the water I use to flush. I'm sure either way works.

14. Okay thank you so much. You've been a great help. I really do grately appreciate all the information.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I forgot to ask you how long should i wait to feed after i flush the plant buddy?

16. I'd give it two or three days before you actually give nutes again. Two or three days should let the plant recover.

Since you're flushing, the soil will probably be wet enough for a few days anyways.