Sick or not so sick?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by targett, Sep 26, 2015.

1. #1 targett, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Hi all i have 6 casey jones feminised germ from seed and one of them seems to have small wrinkled leaves, some on another aswell. The other plants are fine, there all on 18/6 under 96w T5 maxibright until there big enough for my 600w, fed on 1/4 strength canna a + b and rhizo, set to pH5.8 every time with 10% runoff doing a wet/dry cycle till roots build up. There in a coco/clay pebble mix 60/40ish. Is it something i can do or is it just a weaker seed? (Its the top left one)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443293461.659062.jpg

Thanks in advance

2. I don't think I would be worried about the wrinkled leaves. Those plants look pretty young and sometimes it just takes one longer than it does the others to get going. Just curious as to why you chose Coco and clay pebbles. Typically, the clay pebbles are used in hydro grows. Don't see them mixed with soil too often. I'm sure you're already aware of this, but that Coco is very light and arid and the clay pebbles don't help the situation too much, so you better water and feed your plants VERY VERY slowly or everything will just run through the plant and out the bottom. Looks kind of like you've got a deficiency by the yellowing of the lower leaves on the second pic up top, is why I'm calling this to your attention. If it were me, I would get myself some good grow soil...like FF Ocean Forest or Roots Organics Original and repot them into that. You won't have to worry about nutrients for a few weeks because the soil will carry them until they become stable in the new pots. The OF is a bit more dense than the Roots, but each of those kinds holds moisture better than the Coco. Also, six plants is a bit many to try and flower off under a 600 watt light so you might want to consider flowering less. You can easily harvest more off less plants when you are able to provide each with enough of everything it needs. When you overcrowd your space for the light you have, you're going to reduce the harvest on each plant you've got in there. I flower with 1,000 watt hps lights and the most I'll put under one light is 6 plants...and 4 would actually be better. Your buds are much fatter and healthier than if you crowd them up. I know it's tough to not flower all that you have. I had to break myself from developing an emotional attachment to my plants. It just broke my heart to toss one. LOL But when you see the difference it makes, it gets easier. LOL Good luck! TWW

3. #3 targett, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Thanks for the advice, i did 6 last run under my 600 in pure coco they only got to 3ft. I have a double tent 2.4x1.2x2m and only used half, so this time as you've brought the light to my attention i will buy another 600 rather than binning any and spread it across the full tent. Im aiming for 4-5ft plants this time if i can to fill all the space i have. The coco/clay pebbles is how it came from the shop its pre made by canna, im treating the coco like hydro. Keeping it moist, but to start im doing wet/dry to get the roots built up. Ive just switched to canna a & b from canna terra vega so ill see how they react, hopefully clear the yellowing up

*Edit- going to get some canna mono nitrogen, looks like the yellowing is a nitrogen deficiency from what ive googled