Sick of the news sick of America

Discussion in 'General' started by Duhka, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Im going to stop watching the news, it pisses me off too much Example of excessive unconstitutional punishment : http://www.wxii12.com/news/6052168/detail.html see bottom of page Example of invasion of privacy: http://www.wxii12.com/news/6032970/detail.html Example of unconstitutionality according to 4th amendment and example of the 4th amendments abuse in order to commit sexual crimes against a minor by a school: http://www.wxii12.com/education/6031556/detail.html Ok this is cool... dogs can detect cancer: http://www.wxii12.com/health/6032345/detail.html And this is just fucked up... http://www.wxii12.com/family/6029916/detail.html Sorry the newsd was just extraordinary today and had to share some of my opinions and some crazy shit.. Ejoy

2. I never watch the stuff. Yes I know it's horrible that I stopped watching but I am so jaded. Who knows what the fuck is the truth and what 'they' want you to believe. If I need to know what is going on in the world my husband tells me. He's a news junkie. -- I know that it's irresponsible of me to not watch the news, but I internalize shit. It only stresses me out to hear all the bullshit that gets flung around in the US. It's just stupid. Not to mention my definition of NEWS is never the same as those reporting it. I don’t give two shits if eating apples is going to shorten my life…media can go fuck itself.

3. Cant wait to movE :D

4. The purpose of news is to put fear in you.

5. definetly

whenever i catch the news i cant help but laugh.

theres always some gangster shit goin down in and around philly

6. You shouldn't feel bad about not watching the news at all. I haven't watched it in about 4 years. Every time I happen to take another peek, it only reaffirms my decision to not watch it. It's not news. It's sensationalist, slanted, completely unimportant bullshit.

All the TV news is anymore is:
    Bullshit medical stories--what houshold product will kill you, what bullshit diet might work, etc
    People dying -- Sad, yes, but why do I need to watch an hour of that? it doesn't effect me, just depresses me
    Celebrities -- 100% bullshit
    and on and on

If there was a real news channel that had more than 15 second clips of real news, I would watch it. But instead it's filtered down crap designed to do NOTHING but sell air time. That is the only goal of TV news: to keep you watching. Whether it's the 56th hour vigil of the coal mine collapse or "stay tuned to find out how YOUR child might be falling behind", it's all pandering garbage.

The printed word is where it's at. Newspapers, blogs, tech websites, or specialty sites like cannabisnews.com. It may not be much better, but at least I can *choose* what stories I want to read and skip the celeb gossip and the rest of the shit.

7. I agree, we should all be fed up.

Here is the act .

Another human being does not trust me. He will open my mail and look into my life.

Heres is how we recieve it.

That is messed up!!!

Its for our own protection.

Our governemnt composed of each one of us ( Supposedly). Decides that we should spy on each one of us, ban certain illicit substances. After all we decided to ban these illicit drugs (Didn't we?)

Fact is, we are imprisoning ourselves.

Deny it or not.

George Orwell. The author of 1984 wrote about a nation of people who lived in world composed of Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia.

From Sparknotes.com

The Dangers of Totalitarianism
    1984 is a political novel written with the purpose of warning readers in the West of the dangers of totalitarian government. Having witnessed firsthand the horrific lengths to which totalitarian governments in Spain and Russia would go in order to sustain and increase their power, Orwell designed 1984 to sound the alarm in Western nations still unsure about how to approach the rise of communism. In 1949, the Cold War had not yet escalated, many American intellectuals supported communism, and the state of diplomacy between democratic and communist nations was highly ambiguous. In the American press, the Soviet Union was often portrayed as a great moral experiment. Orwell, however, was deeply disturbed by the widespread cruelties and oppressions he observed in communist countries, and seems to have been particularly concerned by the role of technology in enabling oppressive governments to monitor and control their citizens.

In 1984, Orwell portrays the perfect totalitarian society, the most extreme realization imaginable of a modern-day government with absolute power. The title of the novel was meant to indicate to its readers in 1949 that the story represented a real possibility for the near future: if totalitarianism were not opposed.......

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/1984/themes.html

Please take this seriously, not just from another pot head. Sound the alarms!!!!! Just because we point fingers at North Korea and the ex USSR doesn't mean we can't imprison ourselves with our own government.

Opinions

8. It could be worse, you could have been born in China.

I'm proud to be an American... everyone has their problems, and I'm in no way a defender of the problems, but I'm always defencive (sp?) of my country. We're not perfect, but there are a lot more countries that are farther from it than us. JMO.

~ Terpsichore

9. I totally hear what ur sayin man

10. all i can stand is the weather report...pretty much...its so damn annoying, like when something major happens on it, and they dont have any new news on that subject so they keep repeating the same fucking things over and over.

and when they dont have anything better to report than a squirl waterskiing with a toy boat

11. Nicely rolled dutch man :smoke:

12. Uh dude 17 is hardly a minor - he was in 'alternative school' (IE the place where kids who fuck up one to many times go) and he probably gave them lip to a point where the schools legal safety meant nothing to the folks they've hired to do the security checks

I'd probably be a bit bitter after a few months of dealing with the system alone much less with a shitload of bratty teenagers who haven't a clue about the real world lol

He didn't have to strip he was just to damn stupid to know his rights have value even if the people searching 'em hadn't informed him

The mother is out for cash...maybe to buy a new dictionary... last I checked 17 wasn't prepubescent and there doesn't appear to be any sort of sexual context with which to draw a pedophilia based conclusion...case 'n point they'll probably get paid off with the hard earned taxes you were forced by law to shell out to places and people you may or may not agree with

If anything feel bad that your blood sweat and time on this earth means little more then a pay off to some lazy fuck loopholes for others who love paperwork and a small ass check come payday for you

You can't believe the media hype tho...even the smallest story can and probably is cut up to fit the writers agenda

13. because they threatened him with jail he got scared and complied.... and thats where dumb kids come along becausse usally those are the same kids to give up there dealers. pigs and snitches get along cuz they squill

14. i love the place i live, but i hate the people in charge.

15. Its no different then some moron on an epsiode of cops consenting to a search based on the pig intimidating them

How hard is it to remember "IF THEY NEED TO ASK THEY HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT TO SEARCH IT LEGALLY!"?

It's either hard to remember or people somehow switch into paranoid scared mode even when they've done nothing wrong but the laws are defined to a certain degree so the only risk you have is dealing with a cop that has no place being a cop based on his hypocritical disreguard for the law

If I was in that dudes shoes I'd have flat out told 'em I'm leaving if you attempt to stop me you will be sued

Basically they can legally search you on the public schools campus but they can't detain you for no reason force you to strip or do anything of the sort

17 may be adult where the dude is so they may lose the case based on not needing a parents consent as he already gave it by following the command to strip