Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sick of stealth smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sourdiesel2242, Apr 29, 2013.

1. I live with my parents still, almost out of high school and they are well aware I've been smoking pot for some time now. I recall having some great times lighting up a bowl in my room everyday last summer after a hard day at work. The enjoyment gained from the challenge presented by having to come up with the best method to leave no traces of evidence seem to have caught up to me after my parents smelled skunk around the house multiple times this month. It's pretty depressing the feeling of getting caught, its happened so many times in the last two years I can't keep track but I've always been willing to believe I learn more each time. But now its come to a point where it seems I'll get caught no matter what, every time I leave a room I have a feeling my parents get the intuition that I'm gonna smoke, which is sometimes true. Even if I do get away with it there's always those mornings where my parents can tell I had been smoking. Furthermore, they've got a spy thing on my Facebook chats so I avoid that like the plague and the worst part is that I know if I try to defend myself Ill just look like a junkie to them trying to justify his habit and if I don't defend myself I'll just come off as a hopeless pothead with no drive to succeed in life. My parents are not stupid about this either, they did their fair share of drugs in the 70's and saw plenty of kids burn out much harder than any stoner I've ever seen so I will not even bother attempting to bullshit them. Its come down to a point where so many different emotions overcome me when I smoke now being high just makes me feel worse, as if I'm locked in my own body. There is a fear now that I am evolving into the generic stoner which I swore to myself I would never become. I don't feel paranoid by any means but I can no longer thoroughly enjoy smoking like I used to. I've got some ideas of my own on what to do but fuck it, Id like to hear others shed light on the matter.

2. A vaporizer is your best bet for stealth smoking indoors. I got a PAX last week for my birthday and have used it almost every day in my room. The smell has usually cleared up within 5 minutes of me finishing up. Just last night I was using it, my brother came in to talk to me and I asked if he smelled anything. I had turned off the vape maybe 2 minutes before. He said he could smell a faint trace of herb and that he couldn't even smell it at all outside my door.

Otherwise just go outside and stop risking getting caught.

3. You should just wait until you get your own place. If your parents pay the bills they should have a say in whether there is illegal (I assume) substances in their home.

4. Preach it brother.
    Their house their rules...

5. They spy on your facebook? lol

6. In a similar boat...

In my opinion just try not to get caught. If this means inconveniencing yourself because your parents might know then so be it. You should respect their rules; their house..

BUT I also feel like they should respect you, and your choices. If they invade your life trying to root out your smoking theyve crossed that line.

7. Lots of good info here for sure. Ill probably just chill on the shit for a little while, it seems like if I have to worry about a single thing while I'm smoking I just cant seem to have a good time. Guess its about that time I began looking for people to smoke with, and pick up my license finally.

8. and yeah haha the Facebook thing just pisses me off. So much bullshit to deal with makes me forget why I smoke weed in the first place, then I toke up and remember though. Its a vicious cycle I'm interested in getting off before I proceed with my pot smoking.

9. He said he's almost out of high school. Unless he's got a condition that requires the use of cannabis, then he can wait until he gets his own place. My mom is one of the biggest anti-weed people I know, so I had to wait until I got my own place.

And he doesn't necessarily have to wait until he gets a place. He should just not smoke in their home. Just go out and smoke with friends or something.

10. Is backyard smoking not an option?

11. I have started smoking outside actually but I still get kinda jittery considering all the houses around me and shit, just seems to hard to not get paranoid. Then again everyone's got problems, I just wish there was some magical place out there where I could hotbox without a care in the world, no need to cover up the smell, air out your shirt, etc.

12. Take a walk. Find a smoke spot near by, and smoke there. As stated before, their house their rules.

13. Don't strain your relationship with your parents over some pot man, just try and avoid smoking in or near the house, you could always quickly go 'shops.' keep away or wait until you've got your own place bro

14. Yeah wtf? Elaborate?

-Joe

15. #15 van richten, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
    Smoking in their house is kinda disrespectful. I know you say you go outside now but I mean hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I know the feeling, I've been caught before and I've felt pretty shitty for the next few days that follow but you get over it. Whatever you do, don't let the feeling linger though. It's your parents fault that they have a certain opinion about pot and sometimes you just have to say fuck it. If you are going to smoke, take your dog for a walk or something.

You sound like a smart kid so hopefully you have that going for you. I am one year out of high school and my parents have known I smoked since I was 16. I've always tried being as discreet about it as possible, even up to the point where they thought I had quit up until I got caught again a few months ago. Hopefully you have some sense of direction as to what you are doing with your life.

Now, not to show off or anything, but I'm a pretty smart kid and I already have an engineering internship this summer which pays VERY well, so that definitely eases the pressure of the guilt factor you somewhat mentioned about not wanting to look like a junkie to your parents. These are the types of things you have to demonstrate to your parents and I think that once they see you are going somewhere with your life, hopefully they will back off a bit. However, ultimately it's your life, and if you start to feel that smoking pot is limiting your capabilities, then just cut it out for a little while til you get back on track.

16. Yeah, I'm in the same position. Senior, dad's a cop, and it's unrealistic for me to get my own place at 18 working pennies above minimum wage. Plus it'd be stupid to get my own place JUST so I could smoke. That's why I never smoke in my house. I usually go to one of my friend's where their parents don't care, or we'll hotbox a car, or we'll find a remote spot in the woods.

I feel ya though. It'd be great to not have to worry. Every now and then even at my friend's houses I get kinda paranoid because around here they spend a lot of money and time trying to crack down on pot.

17. Another thing I realized though is pretty much all our parents know we smoke, they just don't say anything. I forget how it came up but my parents and I were talking and said how all kids do stupid things. I made a comment saying I try not to; to which they responded "You come home blazed every night, and say you do nothing stupid?". They never really complain about it though. I guess as long as I don't do it in their house or make it known what I've been up to. Pretty much all my friends have had something similar happen, but are never really called out on it whenever it happens.

18. First time I got "smell caught," my granny spazzed about it for a day....never brought it up since and this was like three weeks ago.

Now I'm pretty confused about the situation. I won't bring it up though...I guess? Idk.

19. Seriously, we can delete every thread like this and make a sticky. Vapes cut down on the smell by A LOT, and if you do it at night by the morning there will be no smell. Go get an mflb, a pax, whatever you want. But if you can't go outside and you absolutely have to smoke, get a vape. You'll thank yourself later when you're toking in your room with no fear of getting caught other then them walking in as you take a hit.

20. But then there's the issue of where to release the smoke you inhaled...

Or am I missing something??