Sick of hearing Americans say " Move to China if you dont like it here!"

Discussion in 'General' started by DrazyHaze, May 7, 2012.

1. This is srsly starting to furiate me. I don't want to move to China...I want to stay in my country and change it! This country evolved because our founding fathers rebelled against the British government.

We as a people should do the same and tell our government we have had enough. Being an American does not mean standing by as our rights are revoked and saying, "well if you don't like what's happening move to China." it doesn't work like that! If you don't like what's happening, change it!

It's absolutely pathetic to me when people say America is the most free country, and that may be true, but that can change real quick.

So my answer to you is, no don't move, take a stand for what you believe in and change this country!

2. I'm pretty sure the world is fucked, and only become more, and more sure of it everyday as I see how unbelievably stupid the average person is.

3. If your really sick of hearing it....

WHY DON'T YOU MOVE TO CHINA IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE !!!

4. #4 Nash92, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    I'm noticing many people in my generation have a very self entitled way of looking at the world. If your views don't synch perfectly with others, you're 'hating'. Were becoming individualized as a people, with actions based purely around self. Yet, people cannot form their own opinions to create that image, the irony.

We need unity, an individual can do much- but when minds connect, each seperate perspective can help to generate change.

The whole 'we'll throw you under the bus unless you're valuable' mentality, has me thinking of eventually moving to Canada.

5. So Drazy, what exactly have you done to make our country better than? Or cause change?

I can make a short and potent list of what I have done, especially regarding my business, and how over the past 3 years I have ceased purchasing goods overseas, and now channel my funds into other U.S. based business and manufacturers.

All you are doing in complaining on the frickin' internet. So as of now, unless you are going to actually do something, move to China if you don't like it here!

6. What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k8L45EYBpo]Americans renounced their citizenship in record numbers in 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

8. I'm from Canada. It's going to shit.

9. Still better than America.

10. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time there. But Canada is fuckin awesome!:D Everyone is so cheerful and friendly!

In America, I walk down the street each day and every passer by lowers their head and stares at their feet.

11. Lol, that doesn't really have anything to do with a country being good. Were trillions in debt, I don't give a fuck if someone smiles at me. The country is fucked:cool:

12. [quote name='"walterbishop"']So Drazy, what exactly have you done to make our country better than? Or cause change?

I can make a short and potent list of what I have done, especially regarding my business, and how over the past 3 years I have ceased purchasing goods overseas, and now channel my funds into other U.S. based business and manufacturers.

All you are doing in complaining on the frickin' internet. So as of now, unless you are going to actually do something, move to China if you don't like it here![/quote]

Sorry Mr. Important. I don't have the funds to start a business, but I am doing my part in spreading knowledge and attempting to enlighten people.

It takes many to change a country. That's all I'm saying.

Don't turn this thread into a flame war, there's plenty of those on the City.

13. And who is boasting on an online forum with a cannabis-centered theme about "what he has done for his country" and "how good he is".

[​IMG]

14. It's a thread with "America" in the title, it was a flame war before it even started

15. #15 Spaced, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012

I understand where you're coming from, but if you're going to encourage people to stand up and try to change our government, you need to AT LEAST include a plan in your "motivational speech"..

No one ever accomplished anything great by simply bringing up a problem without a solution. That would be like me going to my fridge and yelling "WHY, GOD, WHY DAMN IT!.. I am out of MILK! WE NEED MORE!" Then not even contemplating to go get more.

My point is this... your argument may be valid, but only to an extent. I had these "rebellious uprising" in my youth, they never amounted to anything. Part of becoming an adult is realizing there's things you can't do, you can't attain, and you can't change.. (yes, what they told you in school is a lie, you can't be or do anything you want).

I would love to support you in changing our country to what it should be.. but the grim truth is, we won't change. The powers at will have us in a death grip, per say, because all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be. (Yes, I threw some Pink Floyd in there). Don't waste your life complaining and trying to change somthing that won't change. Go out there and enjoy the life you have, focus on helping humanity as a whole, even if it's only helping one person, rather than attempting to fix an entire nation.

They are no Moses, they won't let your people go. We are entwined into a machine now, one that will forever operate until it's untimely demise. So instead of getting mad, get happy, realize what you DO have, instead of what "freedoms" you don't have.

Bottom line is this- America is a hell of a good place to live. We have the illusion of freedom and until that's taken away, this will still be the land of the free. Simple things such as freedom FROM religion, the right to bare arms... these are things most people will never have in their lives.. yet we take them for granted.

Be the change you want to be in America, because you sure as hell won't sway the hundreds of millions.

16. Hurray, more vague rebellious rhetoric that calls for no specific change and addresses no specific problem.

Some people take up a cause, develop a plan, then attempt to execute that plan to help improve the country (at least in their eyes). For example, the NRA very specifically addresses firearms issues. They propose their own leglislation, work to fight leglistation that infringes on the 2nd amendment, etc.

In contrast, Anonymous is the opposite. They have no specific goal, no plans, no structure, and no solutions for anything. All they do is bitch and moan and fuck shit up if they don't like it. THEY are the sort of people I would tell to leave if they don't like it, because they are not solving any problems; only creating them.

17. I was going to 'Like' your post, but it's broken. You pretty much summed up what I said in my previous post.

So consider this, a LIKE. :cool:

18. I know what you mean. This post wasn't meant to be motivational and cause a revolution. Ha.

My point simply was this, if I don't agree with my government I shouldn't be told to move out of the country...countries were founded on people questioning the system. That was my only point.
    I know I can't change shit we're held like a sack of nuts so it's whatever.

19. Considering that this country has been founded on 200+ years of flawed fundamentals, Id be hardpressed to believe someone could change anything in my lifetime.