Sick Lollypop Clones Twisted and Deformed

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iphonhax, Mar 25, 2009.

1. #1 iphonhax, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    Current Conditions. Pictures tell it all. Sick Lollipop clones. Also Bubblejack problems.

• Soil, 20% Verm, 20% Pera, 20% Wormcasting 40% Black Gold
    • 600w dig MH(blew hps somehow?), 600w HPS, 400w HPS, Avg 12-20 in from light.
    • 20h on 4h off
    • 75 degrees day light on, 65 degrees off. Intake 6' with 8' duct fan. Extake same with homemade carbon filter.
    • 4 cup of water per plant every 4 days, used nutes 1/2 teaspoon foxfarm one week may have nute burned.
    • PH Range note sure, using non digital ph looks to be inbetween 6 and 7 lol. getting dig.
    • organocide for mites, think there all gone. used foxfarm watering 2 gal worth and havnt used since.
    Need recomendations on plant conditions. I believe it is a HIGH ph level problem and possible nute overload so i bought some garden lime and mixed it with worm castings on the top part of the soil and then watered 4 cups and each plant tonight. Not sure if this will help fix the problem. One of my plants is really green. My Lollipops are very short and curling and deformed on lots of the leaves also discoloration. My Bubblejacks seem to have some of the discoloration but they are growing tall with some of my sage x sour diesals. Also my trainwrecks look healthy. Pics attached any info appricatied. Also need to fix lighting arrangment so i get more out of it i think any ideas? Wants to grow medical grade but not sure how im going to do with these problems.

Attached Files:

2. Yeah thats a lot of nutes including whats in the soil.
    Rule out pH However.

3. What was to much? The 1/2 teaspoon per half gallon? or watering 2 gallons worth on all plants... Probably both. Any suggestions for the future would be nice.

Is 4 cups of water every 3 days enough?

Should i hold off on the fox farm for a few more weeks or forever? lol

Bright green Bubblegum x Jack Herr clone... Nute overload?

Lollypops? Nute overload? 2 of them seem to be looking better but one looks FUGLY!

Also my PH i think still might be off i don't think i can rule that out completely.

Ive heard of flushing but haven't found a great guide on how to do it? or what it exactly is or if it even applies to my situation.

Thanks again in advance!!

-T

4. #4 vilentelf, Mar 26, 2009
    You should reduce the nutes and the watering until you get a grasp on what is going on. I know the soil ph meters are lame compared to the digital/hydro meters, but they still let me know my ph was way too high. I have been using plain water with ph-down ($12 at grow store). Over two weeks I went from a ph of 7.8 to around 6.5, and that was probably a little too fast. It still has made a big difference on my plants' health. Measure it in different parts of the soil, and before/after watering. I would generally get a reading of 7 when soil was dry, but it would jump to almost 8 after watering.

Once you get your ph stabalized then you will be able to tell if you are over/under nuting...or if you have a different problem like insects. When I first experienced problems I thought I was under-nuting. The problem was actually ph-lockout and the additional nutes only hurt my plants.

On the Fox Farms nutes it helped when I used half the recommended doses. You can always add more later.

5. #5 iphonhax, Mar 26, 2009
    O.k. I will definitely not be using that fox farm again until we get this down. Seems most are looking better as times goes on. We will see.

When should I replant these into new pots? They are approx 9 weeks old and in I think 3gal containers.

Any ideas on light placement?