sick handy stoner project

Discussion in 'General' started by Ars moriendi, Jan 4, 2007.

1. http://www.denguru.com/2004/11/13/supersize_your_tv_for_/

if you're into wood working route out some mounts instead of using just foam (use weather stripping for the lcd edging if possible)

BenQ is you're best bet for a decent workable frameless lcd while other more off beat models tend to be like the pictures above with many weak ribbon cables in place of bulky IDE 40pin cable like designs

either buy backlight busted lcds off ebay or use a cheap sub 30 dollar car lcd 5" or so or game system add on lcds as a start if you're worried about busting a good lcd monitor

the results can further be improved with you guessed it HID lighting MH and HPS mostly MH with filters or a mix of two sub 150w bulbs one of each to cover all the tones also aiding in a higher contrast ratio

seek out the highest CR you can even if the monitor is a bit more the darker the lcd can keep the black in your films the better the image

this is based on the lcd transistor bleeding enough light on fully black pixels to make it appear off blue/grey all together making high contrast sharp films like sincity look dull and overly bright/washed out

2. damn, that would be really cool becouse my wall where my tv is right by is HUGE. ive always thought of putting a projector in my room, damn nice idea. +rep if i can (edit: i cant) sorryyyyy

3. lol friend of mine recently found a gold mine for overheads

seems most colleges are tossing their old overheads in favor of supporting TI the company that happens to make DLP chips used in video projection :D

the cost is cut even further if you find a few being tossed on top of a free or under 20 buck ebay lcd buy

funny how with a bit of effort most out of reach products soon cost less than an 8th of dro to cobble together