Sick girls please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jcw1980, Nov 16, 2012.

1. These plants are about 18 days old they started having spots on them yesterday I am using a 1 gallon reservoir with hydroponic system GrowboxI was using distilled water did not know you were supposed to use Cal meg is that the problem For byte burn They are auto flowers

Attached Files:

2. I have given them cal meg in the water last night and lowered the nutes to 700 ppm using the complete fox farm line for hydroponics ph is around 6 to 6.5 any thoughts the hydro store said because I used distilled water for 18 days now with no cal meg it was from that I thought it might be mute burn or light burn lights a about 6 to 7 inches from plant tops and are cfl bulbs 2 6500k daylight 1600 lumens and 2 6500k daylight 825 lumens and 4 led light strips they = about 300 on the strips all together. Temps are running a little high about 80 to 85 in the day and around 70 to 77 in the night it's the best I can do on temps I know it's pushing it any info would be very helpful thanks

3. Can somebody please help me

4. #4 SCMC, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    **fixed**

The spots appearing that fast is disturbing. You should do an immediate reservoir change. You make no mention of your nutrient program, pH level, or environment so I can only guess. Why are you using distiller water?

Edit*** sorry. Missed your follow up post.

The proper pH for hydroponics is 5.8, not 6.0 and up. Fox Farms will work if you follow the instructions but distilled water is an odd choice. Why not RO? Or just the tap water?

5. When talking to local hydro shops in the area the tap water sucks Cloramine , Ammonia and such so I was told that distilled was there choice of water I use advanced ph kit it is a yellow- green like the package says for ideal water ph is there a better way to tell

6. As of this morning the spots are spreading to other leaves I have changed water as advised and add cal mag any other help would be great thank u

7. I'm no hydro expert, or grow boss for that matter, but I'd say let it go for a few days and see how the adjustments turn out. I had a cal-mag deficiency in my coco grow and I adjusted my shit yesterday and I still have the leaves curling and yellow spots but I just have to wait it out and see how they do over the next week or so ( I also FIMed same day). Im learning that patience is the hardest part of growing.

8. Thank u for the help ya waiting is a bitch

9. Cal-Mag and keep ph in check.

10. Ok thank u is trimmed 3 of the leaves off they were crumbling to the touch I just didn't know where to cut so I cut it off at the bottom of the leaf didn't know if I was to cut it all the way off there is some new growth and I. Think it's about to flower anymore help would be Appreciative

11. Can someone please give me some advise on where to cut leaves

12. I'd cut it at the base of the stem. Leave maybe an 1/8" or 1/4" past where the new growth is coming out. Eventually the new growth will grow into its own node and the one you cut will probably just wilt off.

13. Thank u for the info I will do that when I get back she is starting to come around I think keeping my fingers crossed