sick girl

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mannyomw2fyb, Jan 23, 2016.

1. hey guys,
    I'm new to growing but have read alot on it, and until yesterday was told by experienced growers that my plant looked super healthy.. The only thing that changed since then was the transplant of my plant from cup to 5g pot. (which went pretty smoothly so I don't understand) My first two leaves after the cotyledon s have begun to show legions as well as clawing downward, and one leaf in particular that I accidentally pierced w a toothpick (was recovering great until yesterday) is very stiff, has a black spot, and also yellowish brown legions as you can see in the picture.. Any help, advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. That soil is wayyyyy too wet. What is your soul mic and are there any drain holes at bottom?

3. As for diagnosis, over watered and strangled from food (if you are feeding). Or overwatered and hungry.(if you aren't feeding it)

4. yes it was overwatering..soil is 70/30 mg and perlite w nutes. thanks for the help

5. Be warned MG is shit. Next grow deff go with a better soil.

6. Your soil is way too heavy in those first pics. This stuff likes light and arid soil. I know it's expensive to buy, but using formulated growing soil is always best unless you're willing to get all the parts together to mix your own organic recipe. But a heavy dense soil holds water which these plants do not like. The Miracle Grow is pretty hot because it's got built in time-release fertilizers in it and using it on young plants causes some burn sometimes. But the biggest issue is getting your plants into a soil that has a bunch of perlite in it to help deal with the water. These plants like a defined wet/dry cycle when it comes to watering/feeds. If you constantly keep the roots moist, the plant is going to start getting really unhappy. Managing the pH of liquids going into your plants is also a biggie for a container grow. If you're not doing that, you need to get yourself a way to adjust the pH of your water/nute solution to a range of 6.3 to 6.5. Not doing this will lock up the roots on your plants and your plant can't take in any nutrition. Don't over water, use good soil and adjust the pH of your water/feeds to the right range and you should be OK during veg. Keep reading. If you've researched and didn't find these basic facts, you've been looking in the wrong place. Get on the new grower threads here. There are several specifically written for new inexperienced growers and they give you all the basics you need to know to get started with a healthy plant. Before you go into flower, you'll need to really read up on nutes. Learn what they are...what the numbers on the bottles mean, and what the plant likes and needs during the flower cycle. Be careful because it's really easy to burn them up thinking you're going to make them grow bigger. Giving them more than they need to thrive will cause you trouble. Good luck! TWW

7. And TWW never fails to write long on point responses. Just write a book already lol

8. thanks for the feedback guys.. it definitely is appreciated. ww I definately have been reading in the right places but my budget is restricted lately. I'll tell you what I'm working I'm with so you can get an idea. My only option was the mg soil and I was well aware that it was shit even before i read others opinions lol. But like I said budget..I took precautions of heating and repeated flushing of the mg before putting my seedling in and mixed in some perlite to help after I realized how detrimental that crap soil is even after flushing aND cooking it. I have more perlite to help make the soil more airated but I'm afraid of.mixing it and slicing roots. I'm not in a position where I have absolutely no tools also.. I have a balast powered 600 mh/hps setup w 2xl reflector (want some t5 tubes or low cost led to supplement w lighting in future) fox farm trio nutes (haven't even opened the box yet) ferts from amsterdamn otw along w auto fem and auto flower seeds and should arrive this week or next. this was a trial and error girl for my first time that I got very attached to, and would now like to make little to no errors with.. as unrealistic a d un reasonable as that seems lol. I wanna re thank you ww for your detailed suggestions and thoughts and welcome more in the future as well as any criticism, positive or negative.. I'm here to learn by any means necessary.. thank you once again guys. updated picture haven't watered since the beginning of yesterday. improvement shown after 8 hours of dark but signs off drowning roots still present and after 12 hours of light you can tell she's still in pain. hope I don't stress her to the point where I affect the yield in the future

9. hurts to even look at her.. 😕

Attached Files:

10. well at least she's still alive.. day two w no water and showing slight signs of recovery. added a fan to the equation to strengthen stem and spraying leaves w day old tap water. Also decided to transplant as soon as I purchase organic soil do not want to keep my girl in this garbage prob use coco pro mix but haven't decided yet. Trying to purchase a humidity meter,ph balancers and pen, as well as the medium. any suggestions on when to switch it over to mh/hps?? it's a 600 watt kit but I can dial the power down on the balast.

still alive

Attached Files: