Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sick cough or weed cough

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cree8, Nov 2, 2011.

1. As its getting into winter i notice i have more of a cough but i cant seem to tell if im just slightly sick or if i smoked slightly to much pot.

2. the only time i cough from weed is when its fukin fire and i take a monster rip......

3. yeah, I've never heard of anyone having a 'weed cough.' you should probably cuddle up with that cough syrup and chicken noodle soup

4. Different weed can have a higher/lower chance of making you cough, it has to a lot to do with how it's grown, nutrient flush etc. but you're right you could have a bit of a cold. I've been getting little colds lately like a runny nose and the occasional cough, but I haven't had a real cold in years, ever since I started toking in fact. :smoke:

5. When I was smoking daily (havent in 45 days) I'd definitely have to clear my throat or cough a couple times a day.. it wasn't a smokers cough by any means but I definitely had some extra mucous in my throat.

Idk if that helps thats just my experience haha

6. I usually never cough when i actually smoke so its probably a cold.

7. You could be getting sick, might be a slight chance it's the weed. But there are other possibilities too. How cold is it where you live right now and how rapidly did it become so? Cold air constricts the lungs. I always get a bit of a cough when it starts getting cold out. Or you might have winter allergies. Being cooped up in the house/other buildings all day; dust and other lung irritants collects more rapidly when it's cold out because we close all the windows and doors.

Just give it a few days and see how you feel.

8. smoke with hot water. the vapor will sooth ur lungs n throat
    :smoke:

9. I've been thinking about this exact thing for the past month. IMO you can kinda tell, and I think mines a smokers cough. I recently got back onto cigs (fuck) and I'm an every-day pot smoker. A smokers cough is much less throaty and you mostly feel it in your lungs, whereas a sick cough feels in the throat.

But I would say that if you don't smoke too much, it's a sick cough.