sick clones =[

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dan k, Jan 23, 2012.

1. my friend invited me over the other day to see if i knew what was wrong with his plants that he just put in buckets the other day.
    he got 8 fully rooted clones, most of them looked great at first, maybe a couple yellow leaves, it took him 4 days to get them in the buckets and they still wernt lookin too bad at the time and now 3 days after they have been in there they all look like crap and two are pretty much goners..
    i checked the water level its not too high or low, there is a decent amount of water droplets up on the basket.
    his 400w mh light is about 2-3 feet above them so its not burning them but it is on 24h.
    temp is between 80-90 , rh is 20%
    ppms are between 900 and 1200
    his nutes are dutch masters, sweet and something else i forgot but ill post it later
    the strains are romulan diesel and great white shark

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this ones real sad =[
    [​IMG]

should he pull the yellow leaves off or will that just stress them more?

2. Cut the yellow leaves off. Just tell him make sure the soil stays moist till the clone takes. Look in my profile, I have a cloning tutorial

3. For some reason my metal halide did the same thing. I sorta think it's too powerful. I switched to a T5 flourescent and the yellowing leaves died. But the new growth was perfect.

4. they are in hydroton

i had him raise the light another foot or two, hopefully that helps?

anyone else got any input?

5. If they're all fully rooted then all of them have already "taken". It isn't a problem with the cloning/rooting process, it's a problem vegging rooted plants. Are the dying leaves getting crispy or are they still soft? Was the pH set properly? What watering system/frequency?

6. One of the plants is pretty crispy, along with a couple leaves on the others, but other than that they are soft, the one in the last picture is so soft its limp.. I'm not sure on the ph ill have him check it tonight, but I know he used a nute recepe that he has used effectivly in the past. He's useing bubble buckets but I'm not sure what you mean by frequency..

7. #7 dan k, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012

8. Sounds like he doesn't need help. I didn't notice they were hydro. My bad.