Sick clones

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SmknVTEC, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Hi folks.
    These clones are planted in organic soil, 400 watt HPS and I just fertilized for the first time a week and a half ago at half strength with some 20-6-16. This wednesday is two weeks since first fertilizing. Should I start to fertilize at full strength yet and what do you think the problem might be?

Attached Files:

2. Based on Stylez's sticky, it looks to me like the plants are exhibiting a magnesium deficiency because of the brown spots and leaves curling up. I did just realize though that the pitcher I was using to water my plants is a half gallon not a full gallon like I thought. Therefore the clones were fertilized for the first time at full strength. So, it is either over-fert or magnesium deffic. Does anyone concure?
    Thanks

3. I think it looks like over-fert or nute lock out.

4. I would suggest a flush first also with pH adjusted water (around 6 or so) and test the pH of the run off and see if it is too high, thus giving you nut lockup.

If it's overfert, the flush will help some also. If not, you will still see the deficiency and maybe be able to pinpoint it then.

Hope that helps, I'm really not an expert just have read a lot and offering what seems to be a harmless fix/test. If I am wrong please do correct me someone. They look fairly good though keep up the hard work mate.

GG

5. Ok. Here is an updated photo. I watered again with full strength fertilizer. The plants seem to be getting worse. Maybe it is over fert. I checked the PH of the soil and it is about 7.0-7.1. I do not have a water PH tester. I am starting to think that maybe the nutrient lockout is due to the water I use. I have a water softener at the house but always go outside to the hose to get the water thinking that maybe the outside water bypasses the softener. Maybe it does not. Would softened water cause nutrient lock out and these problems I am having?
    Thanks again

Attached Files:

6. Here is an outdoor strain that I am growing inside. It is exhibiting a different problem. The leaves are curling inward and are kind of limp. Also, not sure if this causes problems at all but I use an ozone filter in the room about once every three days for only a few hours at a time.

Attached Files:

7. The first of the new pictures is scary. That is definitely nute burn. Flush that poor lady immediately!!

The second plant looks overwatered to me, but it's also got the beginnings of what looks to be nute burn, too. Flushing both of the plants would be a good idea, as it really can't hurt them.

~Lycanthropy

P.S. Check your city's tapwater report for the chlorine content. That might be a problem as well, and if it is you will need to get a water filtration system.

8. Almost forgot. Chances are the outside water is run straight from the city's reservoir, like you said bypassing the water softener.. So, you might want to start getting water from inside. That should help clear things up, as well.

~Lycanthropy

9. check the ph.... dont fert her no more... just give it clean water, and see what happens...

if u do have a ph problem.. u will want to pay a lil visit to the garden store, and ask some one about the ph upper and downer.....

if u growing organic, get some grow power plus, fert.. is really good.. thats what im useing at the moment.. plants growth strong, and rapadly... not all plant seem to adatp organic soil, and fert to well.. My bluemaui is in bad condition since i went organic while the Maui have improve her looks and growth.....