Sick California Dream

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by growingmd, Nov 17, 2011.

1. 5 weeks from seed.
    Sunshine Mix #4
    Water and very low Botanicare Pure Blend Grow (for 1 week; maybe 2 waterings)
    8 seeds planted; this and 1 other are having the same issue; all others are thriving.
    pH unknown

Over-watering? Could this plant just be more sensitive than the others or have poor genetics? Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Attached Files:

2. I've only completed 1 grow, so my advice may be worthless, but.... Looks like over watering to me.

3. I allow the top layer of soil to dry out and become crusty before additional watering. In small cups like u have it shouldn't take long to dry out.

4. it looks like overwatering, but it could be a drainage issue in just those cups too...

let them dry on the surface before you water again.

doesn't look like a ph issue to me, but it cant hurt to check....

My sprouts usually take 3-10 days to dry enough to water(based on how much they drink, humidity, and drainage) so 2 in a week could be a bit much.

5. They don't need nutes in any amount at this stage and I believe you are both overwatering and too often watering.
    Think I'd cut longitudinal slits up the sides of the cup from top to bottom with a razor knife, about 10 of them, to increase evaporation. Dry them out well. Buy a spray bottle and don't water your plants with anything but the spray bottle until you transplant into a larger container, it will keep you from 'loving on them' too much :)