Sick baby

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BenevolentBud, Jul 10, 2012.

1. #1 BenevolentBud, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    Don't know much about it, my bud just dropped off some plants and told me one was sick and that they're outdoor grown. The plant is basically slouching over and most of it is brown-ish except for some green growth out of the ends and the stalk coming out of the ground. The leaves are all curling and bending too.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like she took the wrong bus! DOA You can pop another seed and it wood b faster than try and bring that baby bac to life.;)

3. Well what's wrong with em?

4. Could be many things. Over watered with no nutrients looks like the most likely. Could be under watered too. Either way, lack of nutrients. It would be faster to start over.

5. God I've been there it sucks

6. Well damn, that sucks. Any chance it's a phosphate deficiency?

7. Your plant is not sick for a single reason. You have multiple deficiencies.

8. So say if I were looking for a challenge rather than just what would be easier, what could be done to save this plant?

9. It would start with a TON of research, analyze the watering and feed(?) routines thus far, investigate the soil and look for signs of fungus or disease, you may need to get a detailed history from the 'previous grower', perhaps take a soil sample to get a nutrient report on it, etc.

By the time you get going on all this your plants may be more dead than now. There has been some solid advice thrown your way so far by several blades :) They are too young to try and save, they don't have much to fight with. I think a better challenge would be trying to create an optimum grow environment for a new plant. If you don't have that environment already then your chances of saving these are even more reduced.

Good luck whichever way you go!