Sick babies

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Arnold420, Oct 8, 2008.

1. I just stuck my rockwool starter cubes in the 4" cubes 2 days ago. There in my closet in a tray with a fan and 200wcfl bout 6 to 8" above them. I have noticed some slowing down of growth also some leaves cupped upwards and some cupped downwards, some have yellow tips. They are about 10 days from seed watered with ro water with a ph of 5.8 for the first week, then started feeding the recomended dose for seedlings of Voodoo Juice. I realized it would be safer to just do plain water and that the feeding could of been the problem so i switched back to reg ro water with 5.8 ph. These cubes hold a bit of water, how often should i water them. Sorry only have a camra phone and the pics prob wont help. Can anyone help? Will they be ok?

2. Cant get a good camera till tomorrow. How can you tell if a seedling is alive or dead(if it will recover or not).They look alive, they might just be fucked from the Voodoo juice cause there not growing. They still stand up fine but some of the leaves are alittle dry and cupped, some have yellow tips. I'm almost ready to say fuck it and start over with new seeds.I WILL NEVER USE NUTES BEFORE 3 WEEKS AGAIN(not even 1/3 the recommended dose)These are the best pics i can get

Attached Files:

3. Move your light to honestly like a foot at least, even though it is a CFL. Even if you don't believe me, try it. It can't hurt :) It looks like burn from your light to me.

4. I just moved my light to that hieght yesturday the problems started 3 to 4 days ago. Its at about 8 to 10” right now. O, and its not getn worse its just not getn better either. You have any other suggestions? Thanks for your time.

5. I can't speak from first-hand experience on using rockwool but my son puts his cubes in a shallow container with water about half-way up the cube and has an air stone running in the tray.

I wouldn't add fertilizers until the cotyledon has been mostly used up and the plant has a couple of sets of true leaves.

The pH of the water you used seems a bit low. I don't know if that could cause the issue you're experiencing but the ideal pH is between 6.5 and 6.8

Hope your babies perk up and thrive.

6. Thanks Oldskool, 6.5 to 6.8 isn't that for soil ? On the rockwool cube package it says to adjust your water to 5.5 and soak the cubes.

7. Yes, you must actually run a bit lower w/ rockwool. Did you condition them first. I always let mine soak for 24 hours w/ a mixture as follows:

1 gl water PH around 6.0-6.5
    1 tsp of peroxide
    a shot of liquidfied seaweed

after the 24 hour soak, I let the cubes dry out a little by setting them in the cab where the cuts will be rooted and veg'd, usually another 24 hours.

I have never had a problem. I only clone, but I still do not add nutes until the cut has adjusted to it's new home in the soil, in your case rockwool. Mist them, do not add any nutes, and give them another day or so. Are you using the RW in hydro, or just watering it like you would soil? Can't tell by the pics.

less

8. Just watering by hand for now till i can tell if they will make it or not, then if there ready for nutes i will put them in hydroton ( 12 site ebb an grow). I do have some rockwool conditioner that i bought, but i heard you only need to use it if your cubes are older or in rough shape.

9. Any1 else ever hear of this before?