Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sick and smoking

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by strawberry_shake, Mar 18, 2014.

1. So I caught strep throat and the dr have me some medicine, would it be bad to continue smoking. I can't sleep at night and I'm in terrible pain, I'm just worries my illness will get worse. Anybody been in this situation? This is my fourth time catching strep in the past 6 months

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Ive smoked through bronchitis before so I bet youl be fine taking a puff or two if you need to sleep despite the strep, if you can though switch to a water pipe or vape as they will be much more forgiving on your throat, or better yet edibles.

Strep throat is basicly an overly irritated throat caused by a bacteria infection so your going to want to be as minimal on your intake as possible as smoke on its own is pretty harsh on the throat and lungs.

3. I smoke when I'm sick, sometimes I'll skip a day tho if I have lung problems.

4. #4 Stormy Sea, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Your fourth time in the last 6 months?

What the fuck?

Are you a major hoe and macking all the guys, or smoking with a friend who is nasty as shit? Are you using the same pipe you were sick with last time? I don't get it... I've gotten strep maybe 4 times in my ENTIRE LIFE... not even... what the heck.

Anyways, depending on what you smoke with and how irritated your throat feels afterwards on a normal day, you probably shouldn't. Harsh smoke isn't any good for you. Yeah, a lot of people are gonna say it's fine, and it probably won't kill you, but... you're not going to heal any faster and some people have said it made theirs last longer, if you google weed + strep. 
    I would probably still smoke if it were me (cause fuck it) but yeah, probably shouldn't.

Anyways, good luck, and if you must, keep it short, and try to make the smoke as cold as possible.

oh, editing this in cuz yeah kind of important: Considering it's your FOURTH time getting sick with it... in SIX months... Maybe instead of doing things that could aggravate it you should seriously consider taking a break for a while until you're sure it's cleared up. I mean... if it was just one time, maybe... but after 4 recurrences... I dunno. 

Editing this in also cuz super important: HOLY SHIT 420TH POST. :smoke:

5. i've smoked through all kinds of sick. It usually makes me feel better.

6. I personally wouldn't smoke if I had real bad throat or lung problems. When I've smoked in the past when sick with a runny nose and all that, I'd end up coughing a shitstorm after I smoked. Didn't enjoy that at all.

I'd recommend making/buying edibles or a tincture or something, but if you can't do that, and you need to smoke, go ahead and smoke.

7. Make sure you finish your z pack

8. Don't keep irritating your throat, if you have to make a fire cracker. Drink a ton of hot tea and honey! Only smoke from a water pipe with ice in it and cold water and inhale gradually so you don't get hurt. :bongin:

9. Switch to edibles... problem solved.

10. #10 paleolith, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    Why do people insist on asking medical questions on a forum dominated by teenagers?

11. Smoke! I get strep CONSTANTLY, and I smoke while I'm sick. It seems to be the only thing that actually helps me sleep. You forget about your throat when your high too because it numbs your throat. Well, it numbs mine. Give it a shot!

12. I've been sick for the past 2 weeks and have continued smoking. It takes the edge off my aches and pains, for me at least.

Because occasionally someone who knows what they're talking about pipes up. 

14. The last thing your throat needs is hot smoke irritating it.
    If you absolutely need THC, try edibles.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I used to get strep all the time, some people just have shitty luck with getting sick again

16. Its always preferable to consult a doctor if you are sick. Ask if it is okay to smoke a small amount? Sometimes smoking weed helps the healing process, but you should know the kind of sickness you have. Its better to limit your intake to much less than what you would normally inhale.

17. I wouldn't smoke.  Tinctures would be way better, and infused honey would be best.