Shrooms; what I've learned...

Discussion in 'General' started by africantapwater, Dec 28, 2007.

1. To get to the point, scroll down to the points below...

Setting for the day: a couple square miles of "untouched" wilderness on the outer edge of the Dallas - Ft. Worth concrete slab. the green zone follows one of the rivers that feeds into the local lake. the woods are dense and lovely (I wish I could tell you just how lovely) and all the foot and horse traffic that goes through is confined to horse trails. our setting was in the wall of trees and vines and thorns that all else avoid.

5:30 I awoke, showered, and stuffed my backpack full of the days essentials. Essentials included five-ish grams of shroomies - and some other stuff.

Less than an hour later my comrade and I were walking out into a world of excitement just waiting to be... excited? Right, well we started off by munching on the two biggest funguseses in our possession - one gram each - and the good vibes flowed free. We walked for ever down the horse trails until we found a suitable entry point into the wild. At which point, we entered.

The day was quite long and we spent from sunrise to sunset in the wilderness. We became one with nature and climbed many times our own height into trees that, before today, would have been impossible to conquer. We dashed through impenetrable tangles of thorny vines and small trees and mud and rocks and... well, we were animals existing in the wild. All of those that have been there know and understand the feeling, the rest of you will get there one day I'm sure. :)

Right, well, the points...
    • See a challenge or an obstacle for what it is. Pay it the respect it deserves and if you believe it can be overcome, overcome it. Do this with caution but don't second guess yourself in the process, that will only open the door to failure. Rather, size it up and overcome it with your mind before you commit your body to the exercise
    • Every person can benefit from spending a day sunrise to sunset in the woods in the dead of winter.
    • There is no need to encroach unnecessarily on the life of another sentient animal. This includes... everything. The world is a tough place and the only creatures who don't understand this - on the primal level - are those of us that get to come home to a warm bed every night. There also aren't many other creatures that kill over ideas, jealousy, and greed. If you need to kill, kill for survival and not for luxury. If you need to kill, respect.
    I suppose thats enough for now. I could go on for hours, but the only people that are really going to understand me are the ones who know everything that I'm going to say. I wish everyone could just know everything and get along. :)

Anyway. If you made it through all of that, here was the absolute highlight of the day...

:hello:

Right after my bro and I get our 'home' set up, we wander to the edge of the river and take a seat on some logs. The river does a Z bend and we are sitting staring straight down one leg before it curves to the left in the distance. The river changes direction in front of us and makes its way over to the lake, to the right.

So at this point the shrooms have just kicked in all full force and gung ho like, and we're loving nature. Like cars going down the road, a few ducks fly between the trees over the water, following the course of the river. Breathtaking. Seconds later, a camouflaged boat full of hunters comes roaring through the river after the ducks. They see us and slow just long enough for us to wave. They wave back and continue the chase.

:eek::confused::eek::smoke::smoke::smoke::eek::confused::eek:

Thanks for reading this all, I hope someone out there finds some use for the words and time I've committed in this post.

I love you all! :love::love::love::love:

Mods: If this is in the wrong forum, my most humbly sincere apologies.

2. Sounds like a wicked fun time, especially since winter in Texas is probably a little better than winter in New England.

I think I'm going to trip tomorrow. I've got half an eighth of mushrooms left, and that same amount got me reasonably goofy the other day, so it looks like I'll be havin' fun.

3. Makes me REALLY want to get my hands on some shrooms again...there's nothing like shrooms and nature!

4. yo homie, im kinda drunk and kinda stoned and kinda fuckin tired

so

i didnt read any of your shroom report, i will get to it tomoro most likely if its on the first page still

but shrooms are deff life changing, i watched fight club twice back to back on shrooms, and i completly understood that movie somehow.....

5. Fight Club isn't that hard to understand... lol.

I've never done shrooms, but I've been with some friends that were on them. They sound like fun. I'm just scared that I'm going to get a bad strain and kill myself. I read about 'em on the net and in books and stuff, I want to educate myself enough to wehre I can go out in a field and pick my own.

But yeah, nice report man. Sounds like you had some kickass fun.

6. yeah, winter in tx is a lil easier to do shit like that than in new england, its SUMMER in new england that you do that kinda stuff.......man...i wish i had some, im in the south now too and that sounds like a blast to try in a place i have NO idea about:hello:

7. It seems that somewhere in the woods I abandoned my wallet with $50, my license, a $50 gas card, a debit card, and my medical insurance card...

This is the same wallet that I've had for a couple of years now. The same wallet that I left on a flight to Australia and had randomly returned to me over a month later fully intact from Ireland. The same wallet that I have misplaced once since then and retrieved.

So tomorrow in the AM begins my quest through about half a mile of forest to find a little black wallet.

:hello::hello::hello:

8. The first time I tripped shrooms was in the forest. It was quite amazing. ahhhhhhh I love mushrooms + nature.

9. sounds stupid, climbing trees in the wilderness while tripping. just askin for trouble

10. I went rock climbing on shrooms and had the best time ever. It was a rock face overlooking the ocean.

11. sounds like you haven't ever done it.

I love tripping in the woods during the winter. 'cept here in the sierra's we get a bit more snow than you do down in Texas.

glad to see your adventure with psychedelic mushrooms has been a pleasant one, and i wish you luck on your future endeavors into the deep esoteric mind state mushies have to offer.

12. im just saying it would be easy to get distracted and fall. i also think its stupid to go on rooftops when ur tripping, unless u have a sitter. he obv did not have a sitter and was not in a location where help could stumble upon him.

13. Man, it sounds like you learned a lot. The first time I did psilocybin was terrifying. My ego was non existent and the concept of time made no sense whatsoever. With more use the experiences become almost Shamanistic in nature. The first time that shit breaks down into psilocybe in your stomach, there really is no going back to the exact beliefs you had before. I was a stupid kid and didn't know what I was fucking with. Sounds like you actually did learn something though, which is most likely a good thing.

14. Yea man, but we weren't absolutely fucked. I was coherent enough to speak, which was good, and so was my buddy. Climbing trees on shrooms is sort of like being a monkey, you can see exactly what you need to do to get where and theres not a hell of a lot of chance for you to fuck up your steps because you're concentrating so much on it and its coming naturally.

There were two occasions where I called off some climbing because it seemed dangerous, but these are huge oak and pecan trees with moooooore than enough footholds and fat branches to make for fun.

Not to mention I grew up in Africa, man. I practically live in trees.

Bad news though, I've been through that part of the forest about 4 times now looking for my wallet and still no luck. I dont know where it is but I'm confident that I will find it one day.

:hello: