Shrooms laced with acid

Discussion in 'General' started by Tbika, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Actually you are wrong. Fresh shrooms are more potent then dried shrooms, I been growing shrooms for years, I will explain why, after I explain why your reasoning was wrong of course

You stated that the weight was proof they are more portent? Mushrooms are 90% water, 30 grams fresh = 3 grams when dried. That has nothing to do with potency, thats just how much they weigh before and after water evaporates.

Ok, Fresh shrooms are more potent, because in fresh shrooms there are 2 chemicals, psilocybin and psilocin. Psilicon is an extremely fragile substance, and breaks down in oxygen, so it breaks down during the drying process.

So dried mushrooms do no have psilocin in them, just psilocybin.

Psilocybin one of the main psychoactive compounds in magic mushrooms. The active dose of psilocybin is 3-30 mg. Chemically speaking psilocybin is a tryptamine and an alkaloid. Psilocybin is the posphate ester of psilocin and the more chemically stable of the two compounds. Because of its greater molecular weight psilocybin is less potent than psilocin. Other chemical names for psilocybin are: 4-HO-DMT Phosphate Esther; TRYPTAMINE,4-HYDROXY-N,N-DIMETHYL,4PHOSPHORYLOXY. It is believed that after taking, psilocybin is easily converted into psilocin and that the pharmacological properties of both compounds are the same.

Psilocybin is the phosphoric acid ester of psilocin and, as such, is the first and hitherto only phosphoric-acid-containing indole compound discovered in nature. The phosphoric acid residue does not contribute to the activity, for the phosphoric-acid-free psilocin is just as active as psilocybin, but it makes the molecule more stable. While psilocin is readily decomposed by the oxygen in air, psilocybin is a stable substance.

And that is fact. Something I wish more people would post on these forums.

Edit : BTW , I know this was a real old post, but it still had false information in it not yet corrected..