Shrooms and anti-depressants?

Discussion in 'General' started by Illadelphlover, Apr 16, 2006.

1. I have taken shrooms a number of times. I love mushrooms because they give me an amazing body high unlike anything else I've tried or want to try for that matter.

I have eaten fresh mushrooms, dried mushrooms, chocolates, and even taken shrooms in pill form, but I never get visuals from them.

I have been diagnosed with depression and I take an anti-depressant to help me. I heard that people who take anti-depressant medications do not get the same experience with mushrooms as those who dont take anti-depressants. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this?

I heard that it had something to do with the seratonin level, but I'm looking for someone who might know something more.

Thanks.

2. Have you tried eating about a 1/4 oz.?

3. I know SSRI's reduce the effects of LSD, such as visuals and hallucinations. I haven't read this specifically for shrooms, but this certainly sounds like your SSRI's are interacting with your shroom usage. You might have to eat more shrooms to get desirable visuals.

4. I think the most I've eaten at once is 3 chocolates. I know those aren't as strong so maybe I do just need to try and eat more. My only concern is that I'm already satisfied with the body high and I dont want to get sick.