shrooms after death in family

Discussion in 'General' started by chevyguy2034, Oct 12, 2005.

1. quick question, if a close member of my family died a few weeks ago, would i be right in assuming that i shouldn't take shrooms? i'm not personally depressed or anything, i just kind of feel numb. sorry for rambling, all i need is a simple yes or no

2. when in doubt... fuck it, eat the whole bag.

J/K, follow your heart... that sounded gay man, but seriously.

3. depends on you... if you still feel like your mourning then it may be a better idea not to

i would say that it depends on if your up to it or not.

4. well the main reason i'm asking is, this rare chance has come up to do it where, my mom is gonna be outta town, and a friend of mine has some home grown shrooms ready to sell and i've never tripped before, i've always wanted to, but my dad died suddenly about 4 weeks ago, and also, i've heard people say they've had life altering experiences while tripping, so it may do something for me to put his death in perpective, or some shit, i don't know

5. personally ive never had a problem fryin on shrooms that close after a death of someone close. last time (close to a year ago when my best friend died) i had about 5 grams a couple weeks after my best buddy died and it didnt phase me. id say to be on the safe side dont be around like, any pictures of your dad or anything like that, with shrooms once you start to cry (in my experience) the trip is kinda fucked.

6. Naw, you can always pull yourself out of a bad trip. Just go in the shower and put on classical music or something and chill out for abit. Just realize that your tripping and just enjoy it. Dont let bad thoughts cloud your mind.

I find that watching something really funny or happy on TV when coming up on shrooms makes it alot easier on me.

7. just see how you feel. If your depressed or whatever and looking to cheer up, i wouldnt reccomend. Even though i know i personally would, as any drug cheers me up and i can always seem to turn my trip upwards.

8. i say eat them, then right after u eat them smoke some pot. smoking the pot will make u not think about the death and make u not have to wait for the shrooms to kick in.

9. How your trip is all depends on your mindset before eating them. If you are feeling good and happy, you will have a nice trip. If you are feeling depressed and sad, your trip will suck. So, i guess im saying it depends on how you feel the day you take it...just try not to think about your dad (btw: sorry to hear about that)..because you dont want to waste some perfectly good mushrooms. good luck. peace

10. it should be cool, and yeah rollinfatty is right its all about how you feel when you take em

sorry to hear bout yer dad

11. i was tripping with a cop riding my ass (the driver and passenger were sober, but me and my frined were trippin balls in the backseat...) yah so i just told myself it wil all be okay... if it starts to go bad, just reasssure yourself that youll be fine, worked for me and the cop never pulled us over...

12. Chances are if the situation to do them in is as perfect as it sounds, your mood should be good man. Smoke a bowl to work out all the doubt about the shrooms. Smoke a bowl after you take the shrooms and watch some stand up comedy (Dave Chappelle works wonders). If your not in a good mood by then, then i have no clue man. The bud really helps with the anxiety, expecially if you still get giggly when you smoke.

13. if you know what to expect, youll be fine. Ive never had a bad trip, on anything. The worst ive ever had was crazy paranoia from weed but hallucinogens always make me feel great

14. Hey,

Consuming Mushrooms should never be recommended when emotional/psychological baggage is on your mind at the time. I don't believe a bad trip can just be turned around as some may say. I have never found it to be a "mind over matter" type of drug, if you underestimate its power, it will use you. You will be the drug, so to speak. I'd wait it out a while, until you're mourning is done. These things take time, as do all wounds. Also, since it sounds like you don't want to do it if you might be caught by your parents, do it a buddy's house or wait until your parents are asleep. Peace.

-Timmy