Shroomin in the Everglades

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by so.flo.zach, May 2, 2009.

1. Doing a half-e of shrooms for my first time tomorrow. Me and 4 of my friends are going to do it walking around in this construction site in the everglades at sundown. I'm so excited. Any tips? Should I eat the shrooms with a full or empty stomach?

2. That sounds pretty cool. Empty stomach if you can, but that can make you more likely to get sick.

3. aww man that would be amazing. take an eighth!
    i always shroom on an empty stomach. hits quicker.

4. Should I man!? I was seriously considering it. It's not to late, I just decided to take a Half-E cuz it seems like thats the amount everyone takes their first time.

5. Oh, I plan on taking pictures of my adventure which I will post tomorrow night.

6. naw man just go into it with a good mindset and not worrying about anything and it'll be amazing.
    the first time i tripped i took an eighth and i learned more that night than ever before. just accept your thoughts and go with the flow and i promise it will lead you to what you want man.
    Happy trippin'!

7. Sounds like it will be fun. I'm looking forward to those pics! For your question, empty stomach is best, as they hit you quicker, and for me anyway, there's less nausea. Also, I would recommend 1/2 eighth for your first time. Save that eighth for sometime you can just stay indoors (not a construction site).

In the Everglades, got any fires by you?

8. Watch out for gators..

9. I took 2.2g my first time and got fairly fucked up. Second time I took the whole 3.5 and understood what tripping was haha. It's a fun drug but you need to be careful with it.

10. No fires latley thankfully due to the we weather.

Not to big of a gator problem either, they chased them all out while making this nature reserve park (kind of contradicting).

11. nice man, another South FL Blade. lol id be careful, you might get a little too curious and wander arnd the everglades and end up in an alligators tummy :X

12. I would definitely not recommend taking a full eighth for your first time. Potency varies a lot and unlike weed it is hard to guess by looking at them. It may not be that intense of an experience, but if they are good you will trip very hard on that much. You may well be fine and have a great experience on an eighth, but if you find the feeling strange or something else starts bothering you it could be a very hard experience to manage. I see many people on here recommend taking a full eighth for your first time, but the fact is none of us know anything about your personality or how strong the mushrooms you have are. Overall, to minimize the possibility of anything bad happening, a half-eighth is your best choice. You will still have an experience, there is no doubt about that, and most likely a good one; however, as with any psychedelic, mushrooms should be treated with respect, and a full eighth may be difficult to handle.

13. I definitely agree that you shouldn't do an eighth your first time, but in response to doing them inside...I think if you can find a nice comfortable spot in nature, your experience will be much better. The everglades sounds awesome, you're really lucky in that respect. But for future reference, I think you will find that being outside will help. TO fully experience mushrooms, you just kind of have to "go with the flow," and think that is much easier to do especially since you are in the everglades.

Peace

14. ...Should've done an 8th. Didn't trip at all. Everybody else did. I think I'm immune to psychedelics minus marijuana. I've taken 2 hits of acid before and it didn't really do much either. And for everybody who is about to say take 5 hits of acid and say it dosen't do anyhing fuck you. I'm not going to take that much acid even if it dosen't affect me, that's retarded. I don't know what my problem is. Oh well, good ol' mary jay still does the trick.

15. Are you on antidepressents (SSRIs)

16. dang man that sucks. i was excited to hear back from ya.

17. Know the feeling of excitement only to be disappointed all too well. It's much better to be cautious though. I took an eighth my first and only time on shrooms, but I was well experienced with acid. It was great, but not too overpowering. The thing about psychedelics is the unpredictability. You just never know what it will be like until an hour after you drop. That's what gets people. "Man I feel nothing, are my eyes dilated?...who am I, where am I, so you're saying the acid is merely a key to the gate into the subconscious, wait what, is the coffee ready yet, oh we didn't make any." All in a matter of a few minutes lol.

18. naw man why?

19. Sorry to hear you didn't feel anything:(

I did this in January at the preserve halfway down alligator alley(75). It was so much fun, I'm from IL so all the tropical plants, trees and animals where really new to me. We had a great time runnin around trying to catch lizards, checkin out gators, exploring and had some great conversations. There were a few kinda scary moments when we were a bit lost, but they were forgotten quickly. I might do it again when a friend comes down in a few months.

20. i took a full eighth an absolutly loved it.
    i'd suggest doing it a little earlier though