Shroom info help

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BayArea408, Mar 19, 2009.

1. So my friend will be taking an 8th of shrooms this weekend. And i will be chilling with him like all day, we are good buddies, so i feel like i should get some good info for him

will smoking pot make his trip more intense? if so when should he smoke like before he eats them, right after he eats them, or when he peeks etc. How much pot would he need to smoke to increase the intensity of his experience?

how long will with the effects last if he takes the shrooms with pot, and how long will it last without pot?

what happens if he starts to get a bad trip? can it permanenlty mess his mind up? if he is seriously freaking out what should i do to calm him down?

any additional helpful info would be nice, thanks

2. I personally would not recommend smoking before the trip starts unless it's not much, just enough to mellow out so you go into the trip more calmly. I once smoked two bowls of some dank before I started my trip on an 8th of shrooms and was just totally confused for the first 3 hours of my trip. I personally like smoking when the you feel comfortable with the trip because it definitely ups it

3. ok i say dont smoke weed because for me it sobers me up, lol.

4. bumping it once for some more info before the weekend

5. Its just a trip man. If it goes bad just remind him. I've had to do that when my sister started freaking on, uh i think it was DMT. I just kept telling her its just a bad trip, and will only last awhile and she calmed. Seemed to work. You wont get like, permanent anxiety or like have night terrors about the experience, thats the extreme of the extreme. I would put money on him having a great time.

6. #6 zoranj, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009

The come up on mushies is kind of awkward and unsettling for a lot of people, and smoking a nice bowl during this time can help ease you into the trip more, as well as quell any nausea you may be experiencing.

Smoking while you're peaking definitely intensifies the effects, and if you smoke on the come down, it can launch you right back up to your peak. Sometimes, when I'm in the mood for an epic and very long trip. I keep doing this over and over to extend my trip to around 8 hours. ( a normal trip not using weed to extend it lasts about 4-6 hours depending on dosage on such)

Since it's your friend's first time taking shrooms, and he's taking a full eighth. If he feels uncomfortable at all during the come up, I would definitely suggest smoking a bowl, but as far as while he's peaking goes, I would tell him to wait to see how he feels and if he really wants it to be more intense and thinks he can handle more, by all means smoke some. It can be the difference between a great trip and an amazing, life changing trip.

To me, there's no such thing as a bad trip on mushies. Sure there have been times where I've been freaked out, but in retrospect, I always learned something important out of it.

If you're friend starts freaking out, just talk to him soothingly, and remind him that he's just tripping on mushrooms. Also, before he takes the mushies you should ask him to make a playlist of some songs that always give him great memories or make him smile. Usually if my thoughts start heading south while I'm tripping, just putting on a song that makes me happy can quickly change the course of the trip back into pleasant territory.

7. thanks man, your info is really helpful

8. The my first trip I wanted to wait and let the shroom feeling set in good before smoking. Wanted to feel it by itself ya know? After a couple hours i smoked though.

Also keep in mind while hes trippin that you need to just go with shit. He could easily decide he doesnt like the way your face makes the rooms vibe feel..and wanna go in another room by himself. It's weird but yea...let the ball roll

9. #9 Cornerstore, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    First Post. (yes I have this little to do. On a friday no less..)

I've done shrooms quite a few times and I find that weed kinda distracts from the trip. If its the guys first time I would recommend trying it sober to feel out the experience. Being high and on shrooms might be too much and he wouldn't be able to judge shrooms on their own. How will he know if he likes 'em or not?

Sometimes when I'm tripping with people who are trying shrooms for the first time I tell them to write down on a piece of paper

"Your name is (whatever the persons name is)
    You are on mushrooms.
    Mushrooms are a drug.
    Its the drug that is making you hallucinate.
    In time, the drug will pass and you will feel normal again."

Then I tell them to keep this paper in their pocket and when they're freaking out to read it.

Main thing about shrooming is that your surrounding environment has PROFOUND effects on you. Therefore if your friend starts freaking out first of all ask him whats bugging him out specifically. If he says something like, "that clown is just so sad..." and starts crying (true story) get that clown the hell away from him. If he says something like, "I dunno man, I'm just freaking out." Get him to breathe deeply and try to make him happy. Put up some light upbeat music, perferablly something he likes and just chill out, remind him that its only a drug, that things are not really happening and that he'll be okay.

Another thing to remember is that going into a trip with a positive attitude has profound effects as well. If your friend is depressed, just broke up with his girl, whatever, probably not the best time to be shrooming.

Some other things from personal experience that I didn't like while shrooming:

Parties
    Too much going on, not enough to (personally) connect to.

Nightime
    Fun sometimes, othertimes it can be a nightmare. Cold = no good, but if its a warm night with a full moon it can be the best time of your life.

Being Alone
    Worst trip of my life was when I had the house to myself and I was shrooming with my friends but they decided they'd rather go home (sweet friends eh). So i had a good 4 hours of tripping left to do alone in my house. Needless to say I freaked the fuck out and thought the walls were gonna crush me. I tried putting some Napolean Dynamite on to relax a bit (I don't really know why I thought this would calm me down, this was like the peak of my trip when I thought my dog was a sort of slimey salamander). Just don't be alone for extended periods of time in the dark. Since you said your gonna be with your friend, no worries.

One more thing I wanna add is that there is a common misconception with shrooms that you're gonna see wild cartoon creatures massaging pretty ladies on dragons or some equally ridiculous things. Not true. You have a pretty clear state of mind you simply see things from a much more different (and distorted) perspective. This is another reason I would recommend against smoking weed as I find weed kinda dulls your vision (similar to alcohol) and with shrooms your vision and mental process is crystal clear).
    With Shrooms its a much more internal introspective state of mind. It allows you to think clearly about many things on a very personal level. Some of my most deepest conversations are because of mushrooms.

Get your friend to research shrooms as well.

www.erowid.org

Mushrooms can either be your best friend or your worst nightmare. It's really up to you.

ps, try grinding them up in a pita. i think its probably the best way to eat em without gagging (they taste pretty nasty).

Edit - Sorry I just read the last part of your post.

The trip will not vary in length if you smoke weed or not, it'll just effect how you feel during the trip. Usually trips last 4-8 hours. Most around 6. After 6 hours you still feel a little off but you know you are definitely not tripping anymore.

As for effecting you in the long run. I can't say definitively. I have had mild hallucinations since I start shrooming. However I have shroomed many times over the years (and done other drugs) and again these hallucinations are mild, and far and few in between. Not a huge side effect of taking shrooms (I still shroom) and there's no guarantee that it'll effect you the way I've been affected. You may notice a few weeks afterward looking at things differently. In my mind this is a plus. You are seeing things from a different perspective. Opening your mind to new possibilities.